5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 7:10 PM by A.T. Romano

PitchShifter dans premiere elements 13 ???

Motard Essayiste

Bonjour,Hi,

Je travaille sur premiere elements 13 et souhaite modifier la voix ... par exemple un effet cartoon.

I am trying to change the voice in premiere elements 13 ... for example a cartoon effect.

Merci de votre aide !

Thanks for your help !

• 1. Re: PitchShifter dans premiere elements 13 ???
          A.T. Romano Level 7

motard essayiste

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened projects Help Menu/Updates? If not, please consider doing that.

Assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, you will find the Pitch Shifter

Expert workspace only

fx Effects

Audio Effects

Pitch Shifter

PitchShifter.JPG

After you drag the Pitch Shifter effect into your Timeline audio clip, you edit the effect by selecting/highlighting the audio clip, going to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette, and Pitch Shifter Panel expanded.

Editing Pitch Shifter

PitchShifterzz.jpg

You may be interested in a work that I did with Pitch Shifter with an earlier version of Premiere Elements.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Time Stretch - Fast Motion Without Degraded or Distorted Audio

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: PitchShifter dans premiere elements 13 ???
            Motard Essayiste Level 1

Hi A.T. Romano,

Thank you very much for your reply ! Sorry for my english , I am a french speaker and I do my best !

I am running Mac OS X 10.9.5 and I tried to update Premiere Elements 13 but it tells me that's already updated ... And I have still only 15 audio effects but not the Pitch Shifter yet.

What can I do ?

Thanks !

• 3. Re: PitchShifter dans premiere elements 13 ???
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Motard Essayiste

Premiere Elements Mac version does not include Pitch Shifter audio effect.

Thank you for the reply with the very important information that your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 is running on a Mac computer.

Please see Adobe document on Premiere Elements Effects Reference and the Windows Only effects.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Effects reference

The Audio Effects

Denoiser

Dynamics

Pitch Shifter

Reverb

are Windows Only Audio Effects.

The Premiere Elements Mac version typically has less content than the Premiere Elements Windows.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user. But, you could explore using Time Stretch and its Speed% to distort you audio to sound like cartoon effects.

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 also has a Time Remapping feature for applying fast and slow motion effects, but I have found that it will accept and apply its effects to video but not audio.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: PitchShifter dans premiere elements 13 ???
                Motard Essayiste Level 1

Dear A.T. Romano,

Thank you so much for your answer !!!

I tried Time Stretch and it is a quite good alternative

I wish you all the best !

• 5. Re: PitchShifter dans premiere elements 13 ???
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Motard Essayiste

Thank you for the follow up. Great news Great job in obtaining your cartoon audio effect.

The irony of this is that often we are bothered by distorted sound when we go to apply fast or slow motion effects to our video audio clips using Time Stretch.

Selection of the Time Stretch "Maintain Audio Pitch" has limited usefulness.

This is one instance where the sound distortion was a good side effect.

Best wishes

ATR