18 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 11:05 PM by Todd_Kopriva

AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES

Cinema Photographer Level 1

Windows 8.1

i7 4712  Quad Core, 16gb 1600Hz, 2GB Geforce GT 750m

I am attempting to change a grade in ACR from a BMCC raw video file. For some reason, the composition is note updating to reflect the ACR changes. On top of this glitch, there is another. There is a point in the image sequence where the footage goes from a good grade and then suddenly turns into a completely flat grade for no reason what so ever. I've closed After Effects and restarted the program. No luck.

P.S. This is my second post in two days working with Adobe CC 2015. I'm extremely confident I will be back shortly. Or will I?

• 1. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES

After purging the memory the error went away. You mind explaining why ACR grades get backed into the purge files and why they aren't automatically erased?

• 2. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES

After Effects erro: Photoshop file format error (-1). 45::35

Can't update the composition or change the grade again.

• 3. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES

After Effects error: Photoshop file format error 3415. 45::35.

I think I'll stop paying for AE now. Wouldn't you?

• 4. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES

The error still exists! There is no way to purge the memory and make it go away.

• 5. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES
                  dummergold Level 4

I have changed the file name in other circumstances. Like copy your raw video file, rename it and work on the copy. That might give you a fresh restart, but when I think about it, all the files inside the folder might re-map to the problem.

• 6. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES

I'll just leave this with a "no response and Adobe isn't here to support their customers" notion... Maybe I'll get back with someone later?

• 7. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES
                      dummergold Level 4

Cinema Photographer wrote:

The error still exists! There is no way to purge the memory and make it go away.

I actually did copy my dng sequence, rename it and then 'replace' footage in AE and then AE refreshed the interpretation of Adobe Camera Raw that I too was trying to change. Then the same Photoshop error that I was getting did go away. On a side note - the next day my Photoshop error did return, but I had the ACR adjustment that I wanted, so I ignored the error.

As for your image sequence suddenly going flat, take a look at the frame numbers - is the sequence broken - missing a number - missing a frame? That is very interesting to me as to how it goes flat, as it might be a clue as to how to get AE and or even PP to drop the LUT it applies to the BM footage.

Or, just leave it as a no response.

• 8. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES

I follow you on the rename of the DNG sequence inside of the Project Window

and then replacing the sequence holding the ALT key to place the newly

named footage on top of the previously non-updatable footage. Nice work

around, right?

There were no frame numbers missing. It was somehow connected to the Ram

Preview as if the preview stopped at that frame and then wouldn't allow the

comp to show the appropriate ACR grade. Without going into the file

structure and pulling frames, I think that you can duplicate the DNG

sequence and apply a second ACR grade to the new DNG sequence and then fade

between looks if you are attempting to transition grades.

Levi Davis

Editor / Shooter / Writer

levidavis.wix.com/reel

<http://levidavis.wix.com/media>

[personal information removed by moderator]

• 9. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES
                          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think I'll stop paying for AE now. Wouldn't you?

What? No; that's silly. If I were having too many problems with the initial release of CC 2015, I'd continue to use CC 2014 in my day-to-day workflow.

Remember, CC 2015 is a MASSIVE change to the underlying architecture of AE. If you have time, test it in your workflow and, when there are problems, file bug reports with as much helpful information as you can offer. That way, next month's bug-squashing update can fix as many issues as possible. If you're under too much stress from your deadlines and whatnot, don't sweat it! Keep working in CC 2014, pretend CC 2015 isn't released yet, and wait for next month's update.

I'll just leave this with a "no response and Adobe isn't here to support their customers" notion... Maybe I'll get back with someone later?

This is a user-to-user forum and not an official way to contact Adobe. If you need immediate help from an official Adobe person, contact Adobe support. We're blessed that the AE team actually does poke in here with some frequency - not all Adobe forums have their product's staff in the forums like we do. (And some software companies [Maxon, I'm looking at you] don't even HAVE forums or staff interaction!)

Seriously though, if you have time to do troubleshooting with CC 2015, keep on doing it! When you nail down as much information as you can, file a bug report! The guys on the AE team need as much info as they can to track down odd bugs like yours.

• 10. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES
                            Dave LaRonde Level 6

Szalam wrote:

If you have time, test it in your workflow and, when there are problems, file bug reports with as much helpful information as you can offer.

....Seriously though, if you have time to do troubleshooting with CC 2015, keep on doing it! When you nail down as much information as you can, file a bug report! The guys on the AE team need as much info as they can to track down odd bugs like yours.

Wow, payin' customers become free beta testers!  Yaaaay!  That's one way to cut the overhead!

• 11. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES

Dave LaRonde wrote:

Wow, payin' customers become free beta testers!  Yaaaay!  That's one way to cut the overhead!

C'mon Dave, you've been around long enough to know that it's always been this way when a new version first releases for any software. With the infinite number of possible hardware configurations and software combinations, there is no way they can test for everything. Frankly, I'm surprised there are as few issues as there are considering how different AE's underlying architecture is in this version.

• 12. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES

Now, to actually help the guys in this thread...

Have you tried the workaround in this thread to see if it helps? Blackmagic DNG Photoshop file format error on RAW options

• 14. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES

It doesn't help. Same issue.

Darn.

There have been a couple of other posts with kinda similar issues, but nobody knows enough to help

After Effects error: Photoshop file format error 3415 ( 45 :: 35 )

AfterEffects CC 2015 not importing Cinema DNG or CR2 sequences

So please file a bug report and let them know you can share your files so they can try to reproduce the error on their end. This looks like a tricky little bugger to pin down. The part where you say, "There is a point in the image sequence where the footage goes from a good grade and then suddenly turns into a completely flat grade for no reason," seems especially weird.

• 15. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES
                                    dummergold Level 4

I follow you on the rename of the DNG sequence inside of the Project Window

and then replacing the sequence holding the ALT key to place the newly

named footage on top of the previously non-updatable footage. Nice work

around, right?

There were no frame numbers missing. It was somehow connected to the Ram

Preview as if the preview stopped at that frame and then wouldn't allow the

comp to show the appropriate ACR grade. Without going into the file

structure and pulling frames, I think that you can duplicate the DNG

sequence and apply a second ACR grade to the new DNG sequence and then fade

between looks if you are attempting to transition grades.

Although I though at first that you succeeded with replacing footage with Alt key, my second thoughts led me to when I replace footage in Premiere, that the 'replaced footage' retains the attributes of the original.

How I ment replace footage in AE 2015 was to select the dng sequence (type camera raw), right click for pop-up menu, and choose 'replace footage > file'.

I then guided to the 'duplicate dng sequence folder' with different name.

After that Adobe Camera Raw popped up with the same adjustments that I was trying to get AE to accept, and without doing any further adjustments, clicking 'done' the preview frame flashes and the adjustments are accepted by AE.

---------------

As for the dng sequence going flat at a certain point in your sequence, would have me chasing after how. It has happened to me in earlier versions of Premiere CC, but before I new the significance of it, and a CC update later, I was unable to replicate it.

• 16. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES
                                      dummergold Level 4

Note - I loaded a new project in (same Premiere sequence) and could not 'Interpret Footage > Main' 'Main Options' for my dng footage in the Project bin.

So I, 'Replace Footage > File' and linked back to the original dng sequence and all was good - no Photoshop error and also able to interpret dng frame rate.

I looked into to the thread (first link above) about 'Reload Footage' and think I need the error to see if that command has any effect. I have no error and the 'reload footage' has no effect that I can see.

I do like the look of the ACR on the dng sequence, but I have temporary changed workflow and rendering out all other AE multicamera sequence camera footage (AVI and MOV) but leaving the dng without rendering. I am importing the rendered files into Premiere and sending the dng to Speedgrade. I am not using any color adjustment in Premiere, only Speedgrade lumetri.

• 17. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES
                                        dummergold Level 4

Now I am back in AE with more dng sequences in the Project bin and want to make additional ACR changes - now I have another method

interpret footage > Main > Main Options > more options > Camera Raw 9.1 and make changes and click out with OK, and then OK out of Interpret Footage > Main Options, but nothing updates

so, then I replace footage with exact same sequence, ACR pops up and I do nothing but OK out

now I choose 'reload footage' and ACR changes update and accepted

I

• 18. Re: AE CC 2015_COMPOSITIONS DO NOT UPDATE WITH ACR CHANGES
                                          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update is available, which fixes this issue: http://adobe.ly/1Il5JYe