I haven't seen the problem you describe, but since MathType's EPSs are created with fonts, it's absolutely critical that 1) the fonts be available on the machine you're using to open the document containing these EPSs, and 2) you follow our recommendations here: http://www.dessci.com/en/support/MathType/works_with.asp#!target=indesign.
We are able to provide better help if you write us, since this is not an Adobe issue; it's a MathType issue. When you write, please include full configuration information, including version of Windows/OSX, version of Word (if you're using it), version of MathType, and MathType product key (registration number). It will also be helpful if you can attach the EPS file and the InDesign file, and if the document was originally a Word document, include that too. Let us know what process you're following to create the document and add the EPSs to InDesign.
I uploaded a package of an Indesign file that include one eps file that has some text like that in the link below:
As I mentioned there were no problem before cc 2015, it shown correctly in cc 2014, so I guess this is a problem with Indesign cc 2015 version.
As this text is in arabic and you may not recognize problem of it I insert the correct pdf export of it from Indesign cs6 here:
and the wrong version which is exported from Indesign cc 2015 here:
The Mathtype version is 6.7 on windows 7.
Thanks in Advance
I tried it with exporting eps from illustrator and placing it in indesign and there was same problem. so this is not related to mathtype
@hsnooei – I tried to distill your eps file from the first download link to PDF.
Distiller had some errors with some fonts:
NLotus not found, using Courier.
SymbolMT not found, using Courier.
F_kamran not found, using Courier.
So the necessary fonts are not embedded into the EPS.
This could lead to one of your problems. If the fonts are installed in your system and InDesign CC-2015 has access to them, it could be a different problem…
@pparag – Replacing text with a "rectangular shape" (glyph is not available) has nothing to do with errors showing greeked text. The problems in the "Blue line over footer text and page number" are "simple" redraw issues of the screen.
Hsnoori's problems are more severe: Missing glyphs in output (and screen representation).
Could be, that InDesign CC-2015 has some problems with some kind of TrueType fonts…
There are some threads about it here in the forum.
I must mention that this font is installed in my system and I can use it without problem inside Indesign itself. but when I use it inside an eps file and do not embed it this problem apears.
I don't know MathType good enough to suggest anything further.
It seems, that you cannot include all necessary fonts in a MathType eps file. And: It seems, that InDesign CC-2015 has some severe problems with some kind of fonts used in EPS files.
When using MathType with InDesign, placing eps files seems to be the heart of the workflow.
So at this point in time I would revert to InDesign CC-2014 until some things are fixed with the eps file format and CC-2015 (or until MathType is able to read and write a substitute format for eps: PDF would be the logical choice).
Converting MathType eps files to PDF (via Acrobat Distiller) and placing PDFs instead of EPSs would be no solution, because you have to maintain a bi-directional link to MathType, if you want to edit a particular equation and MathType seems not be able to do this with PDFs.
...placing PDFs instead of EPSs would be no solution, because you have to maintain a bi-directional link to MathType, if you want to edit a particular equation and MathType seems not be able to do this with PDFs.
You're correct, because this is true of MathType for Windows, which is what hsnoori is using. For others reading the thread who may be using a Mac, the Mac version of MathType does support creating and editing PDF equations, which was necessary since PICT was deprecated with Lion. Thus, PDF equations as a replacement for EPS equations are a very valid option when using InDesign for Mac. Cross-platform workflows, naturally, will introduce an additional measure of difficulty, but this isn't unusual.