7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2015 8:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't playback any mpeg exported video with sound - player will crash

mat@musicbase.ch

Whenever I want to export a video with sound for PC use (MPEG decoder), I won't be able to play it back on any player, they will crash.
      I've already tried different resolutions, but I got always the same behavior.
      When I just export the audio or the video as separate files, it works without any problem.
      I have a trial version of Premiere Pro installed on the same machine and there it works, so I assume it's not a problem with my PC (Win 8.1, 64Bit)

Any help?

• 1. Re: Can't playback any mpeg exported video with sound - player will crash
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mat

What version of Premiere Elements?

What are your specific choice of preset under Share or Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG? Are you customizing the preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tab or Audio Tab of that selected preset. What is your setting under the Multiplexer Tab?

What are the properties of your source media, and what project preset are you using?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements? And, are you running the programs as administrator?

Does the problem exist with or without antivirus and firewalls disabled?

Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

What happens if you export the Timeline content to another of the Share or Publish+Share/Computer choices? Same thing?

Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't playback any mpeg exported video with sound - player will crash
            mat@musicbase.ch Level 1

Thanks ATR

Sorry, here are my details:

-I run Premier Elements 13.0

-I installed the latest Quick Time

-Source video is a QuickTime 14.9 Mbps, 1920*1080 (16:9), 29,970 FPS, AVC (Main@L4.2) (2 Ref Frames)

-Source audio is a 44.1kHz 16 Bit Stereo wav

-no antivirus or firewall

-graphic card up to date

Just found out the following:
            When I export with the NTSC or PAL DVD preset, wide or standard,or with the MPEG2 1440 or 1920 presets I can playback the file on Windows Media Player )(or MPC-HC) , but instead of the sound I get just loud constant crackles.
            When I export with any HDTV preset, the player will just crash after the export is done.

I didn't change any encoder settings this time, just presets, same with multiplex settings.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Can't playback any mpeg exported video with sound - player will crash
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mat

Thanks for the follow up with the additional information on your Premiere Elements problem.

Given you have Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Let us rule in or out some factors.

1. If you have not already, please update 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

2. Player. There are Microsoft problems with the Windows 8 and 8.1's Windows Media Player playback of MPEG2.mpg files.

Please download and install the VLC player to use in the troubleshooting of this issue, although I realize that you have the MPC-HC for your playback backup.

Does the choice of the VLC player make any difference in the outcome?

Please give more information about

-Source video is a QuickTime 14.9 Mbps, 1920*1080 (16:9), 29,970 FPS, AVC (Main@L4.2) (2 Ref Frames)

Do you know if your 1920 x 1080 is progressive or interlaced video?

Is what you are putting on the Timeline for export one or two files, that is, Video Track 1...1920 x 1080 video and, on a numbered audio track, unlinked .wav audio?

Please verify the video format (video compression and file extension) - H.264.mov or something else?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can't playback any mpeg exported video with sound - player will crash
                mat@musicbase.ch Level 1

Thanks

-I updated to 13.1 now, but I have still the same issues

-I can playback all files with VLC, but not with Windows Media Player or MPC-HC

-I can playback any files generated with Premiere Pro, I even used the same source files and reconstructed exactly the same project there, usingthe same export settings, works like a charm in WMP & MPC-HC

-I don't know if the source file was interlaced or not

-the video and audio file in the project are not linked, just one of each, around 7 sec long only

-the exported file isn't a mov, but a mp4 file (exported with the HDTV settings)

I've uploaded the two files for you to check: Dropbox - adobe

Maybe you can even reproduce the issue?

Thanks!
                Mat

• 5. Re: Can't playback any mpeg exported video with sound - player will crash
                  mat@musicbase.ch Level 1

Sorry, I gave you a wrong information: In Premiere Pro I used the H264 setting, which is not available in Elements.

When I use the mpg HDTV, I can't playback the files neither!
                  As it seems, I won't be able to export any 1080 files in Elements for playing back in any player, except VLC.
                  Any workaround or solutions?

• 6. Re: Can't playback any mpeg exported video with sound - player will crash
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

mat

I am in the process of downloading your file. I will take a look at it in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 that I have installed on my Windows 8.1 64 bit.

So far, your problem appears to be a known Microsoft Windows 8.1 player MPEG2.mpg problem and not Premiere Elements. But, let me see what my results look like.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Can't playback any mpeg exported video with sound - player will crash
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

mat

Serious problems with the video that you sent via Dropbox.

1. What you sent has a .mov file extension and is supposed to be using a qt video codec. That is about the best I can get from MediaInfo which typically can give a comprehensive report of file's video audio properties. The codec utility named GSpot gives no VIdeo Name, Codec, Status or Audio Name, Status.

2. On my Windows 7 64 bit, I find no player that recognizes it...

QuickTime Player

Windows Media Player

VLC Player

MPC-HC X64

And it is not recognized by HandBrake.

3. On my WIndows 8.1 64 bit, I find no player that recognizes it...

QuickTime Player

Windows Media Player

VLC Player

CyberLink player

In addition, I cannot import your .mov sending into Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

Since you sent a .mov video file, this has nothing to do with Microsoft Window Media Player ant its non support for MPEG2 video compression.

Let us backup and recap...

You wrote

Is what you sent what is described above? If so, what is the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded that video? And, is this video what you imported successfully into Premiere Elements 13/13.1? What is the file extension of what you described as source video, .mov or something else?

The above we need to clarify first.

But, what did you mean by

In Premiere Pro I used the H264 setting, which is not available in Elements.

Premiere Elements does have export with H.264 video compression for Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime under the Advanced Button on the selected preset.

At this time, if the sending did not get damaged in sending, the immediate problem appears to be in the source video.

Please review and consider, and then we can decide what needs to be done next.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR