5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 4:27 AM by Jim 185

how do I correct the "Server Busy" noitification when starting up the program.

martinv31309715

I'm needing to Click so many times I loss count.

• 1. Re: how do I correct the "Server Busy" noitification when starting up the program.
          Jim 185

I have LR6 upgrade licence. I am not using LR CC.

I am having the same issue. Although I am not getting the message every time I start up LR. And today I noticed I have had to click more than once when it did appear.

I inserted the upgrade licence # on the install.

I have also signed out of Adobe (Under the HELP tab) while LR is open, closed the program and then re-opened it and signed back in with the licence #'s (This was suggested someplace in the Adobe HELP website.)

I have the sync images with LR Mobile turned off.

I seem to be on 30 day trial despite all the above.

Hopefully someone will answer the question for us.

• 2. Re: how do I correct the "Server Busy" noitification when starting up the program.
            Jim 185 Level 1

Just found another thread on what seems to be the same topic.

There is a solution offered, but it does not seem to work all the time.

I have not tried it yet.

see Error Message Server Busy During Startup

• 3. Re: how do I correct the "Server Busy" noitification when starting up the program.
              martinv31309715 Level 1

This is an answer found else where in this form, it worded for me. I wish anyone else with the same problem luck with it.

The one from photoguy815 on 9/17/2014 ... here.

He mentions the routine at the end of this message. The only thing I have left to do is dig in and better understand why this fixes the problem. And I don't want to keep those two directories on my desktop even though it looks like they may have been regenerated when I started Dreamweaver. As a side note ... in step 3 when I ran DW as administrator it asked me to sign in to my creative cloud account which I had already done ... and then it notified me that the DW installation would be tied to my Creative Cloud ID ... which, I would have thought was the case already. It actually looked like it was "applying permissions" to the application that should have been done when I first installed DW. Regardless, there is nothing like stable software to help you be more productive and now I can use DW without having to go through 5 minutes of gyrations to get it started.

[photoguy815 instructions]

Try the following and see if it solves your problem:

1. In C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe, find the SL Cache folder and move it to your Desktop.
              2. In C:\ProgramData\Adobe, find the SL Store folder and move it to your Desktop.
              3. R Click on your Lightroom icon and “Run as Administrator”.
              4. If it opens correctly, that shows it is working now.
              5. Close Lightroom and reopen the application normally.
              • 4. Re: how do I correct the "Server Busy" noitification when starting up the program.
                martinv31309715 Level 1

Jim this worked.............

The one from photoguy815 on 9/17/2014 ... here.

He mentions the routine at the end of this message. The only thing I have left to do is dig in and better understand why this fixes the problem. And I don't want to keep those two directories on my desktop even though it looks like they may have been regenerated when I started Dreamweaver. As a side note ... in step 3 when I ran DW as administrator it asked me to sign in to my creative cloud account which I had already done ... and then it notified me that the DW installation would be tied to my Creative Cloud ID ... which, I would have thought was the case already. It actually looked like it was "applying permissions" to the application that should have been done when I first installed DW. Regardless, there is nothing like stable software to help you be more productive and now I can use DW without having to go through 5 minutes of gyrations to get it started.

[photoguy815 instructions]

Try the following and see if it solves your problem:

1. In C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe, find the SL Cache folder and move it to your Desktop.
                2. In C:\ProgramData\Adobe, find the SL Store folder and move it to your Desktop.
                3. R Click on your Lightroom icon and “Run as Administrator”.
                4. If it opens correctly, that shows it is working now.
                5. Close Lightroom and reopen the application normally.
                • 5. Re: how do I correct the "Server Busy" noitification when starting up the program.
                  Jim 185 Level 1

Glad it worked for you Marvin.

As mentioned in my reply from June 24th, I still haven't tried it yet as there were too many people for whom it did not work.

But when/if my issue becomes more serious, I may have to bite the bullet and try it.