• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML 5 export breaks my project's functionality...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export to a SWF file my project behaves exactly as it should. However, when I export a project to HTML 5 it completely falls apart.

Examples:

Drag and drop interactions don't work.

Ease In and Out animations don't work.

Drag and drop segments randomly "Auto submit on correct" without that option being selected.

I have ran the HTML 5 tracker and I see nothing that should be causing these issues.

Please advise

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser did you use for testing? Is it a responsive project? Can you

mention exact version number, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested in Chrome 43.0.2357.130

Non Responsive Project

Captivate Version 8.0.1.242

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ease in and out effects are bit tricky. Puzzling is the fact that Drag&Drop will not work. I'm using Chrome as well, didn't see such a problem. Could you try uploading to a webserver to see result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded to my company's instance of Adobe Connect. Unfortunately the project breaks where expected: Drag and Drops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been through endless hours of very intense testing and QA for this and many other related functions and my conclusion is as follows:

Adobe has NOT perfected or is even close to a satisfactory capability of true HTML5 publishing from Adobe Captivate.

Yes the HTML5 checker will return '0' conflicts and Yes your previews will always show you what you want but when push comes to shove and it's published on a server or LMS the whole thing goes crazy.

This includes not only Drag and Drop interactions but other functions and just about ANY animation as simple as fade in/outs and even simple click boxes and playing audio for a quiz question.

Check out the difference yourself. Publish one version in SWF/HTML5 and publish the other in just SWF and prepare to come to a quick decision.

My only suggestion: Do not select HTML5 in the publishing at all. Stick to SWF and deal with it. Otherwise none of your interactions, advanced animations, functions, and things as simple as ease in and out effects will totally NOT WORK. And if you need additional confirmation, open the output file in different browsers from Internet Explorer to Chrome and pay attention to how each browser reads HTML5 in it's own DIFFERENT way.

Stay on the path of SWF for now and don't fall victim to Adobe's false comfort of publishing in HTML5. And if it's a must for mobile device purposes than DO NOT add any bells and whistles. This means just text on a screen (No animations, no audio, no type of effects... NOTHING not even quizzes) and then hope it works right. P.S. YOU CANNOT EVEN ADD A "MIRROR" EFFECT TO IMAGES AND PUBLISH TO HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm aware that there is a way for publishing as SWF and having an iPad work with it. I believe it happens by some sort of magic done at the server end where the iPad is accessing a portal via the browser.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources