4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2017 8:54 AM by gkaiseril

How do you install automation JavaScripts in Acrobat Pro DC?

McShaman Level 1

In previous versions of Acrobat there were two folders you could install JavaScripts into be able to access them in Acrobat. These JavaScripts were for app specific functionality like automation and processing. Installing scripts in this way does not seem to work in Acrobat Pro DC and I cant find any acknowledgement anywhere from Adobe about the change.

Can anybody tell me:

• How I am meant to install Javascripts in Acrobat Pro DC?
      • How I can share them or bulk install them on other machines?
        • 1. Re: How do you install automation JavaScripts in Acrobat Pro DC?
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          • How I am meant to install Javascripts in Acrobat Pro DC?
          • How I can share them or bulk install them on other machines

1. Acrobat places application level folder in the system's program folder under Adobe, Acroat, version code. and the user's javascript folder in %appdata% Adobe. Acrobat, Privileged, version code, JavaScripts. The user folder depends upon the version of Windows the user is running.

Wizard Actions or Batch Processing files are controlled by Acrobat/Reader as is the location of stamps folder.

There was an announcement by Adobe when Acrobat was updated for 10.0.1.

For Acrobat D the version code is DC.

2. You have to instruct your users how to install the scripts on their system for the OS and version they are using.

• 2. Re: How do you install automation JavaScripts in Acrobat Pro DC?
            McShaman Level 1

Thanks for your help. I am actually  on a Mac. Found instructions saying to find the user folder for your application/OS type the following command into the JS debugger console:

app.getPath("user","javascript");

But I kept getting an error. I made an educated guess as to where the file should folder should be:

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat DC/

There is no folder there called 'JavaScript' by default... So I created on and then ran the command in the JS debugger console again and it worked. Seems like an oversight by Adobe not to include the folder by default in the users folder.

• 3. Re: How do you install automation JavaScripts in Acrobat Pro DC?
              ashleyy11224371 Level 1

Hello! I was having the same issue of wanting to add java scripts to the correct folder in the application itself on a Mac for the new acrobat DC. But there was no folder to add these right? Well...

1) Right click on the Adobe Acrobat DC < Adobe Acrobat

2) Select: "Show Package Contents"

3) Then the folder thread to add your scripts is:

Contents < Resources < JavaScripts

Hopefully that helps!

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How do you install automation JavaScripts in Acrobat Pro DC?
                gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The above applies to Macintosh systems. Windows uses directories in the file system.