In order to provide help as quickly as possible, please put the following information into your post:
- If you get error messages, please quote them exactly, or provide a screenshot: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933
On the basis of the redirecting URL, I think you are using the online installer and the connection error could be due to a few different issues. We'll need to obtain some log files to troubleshoot further. Please do the following to obtain the log files:
- Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside your %temp% directory, usually C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\ for Vista and above
- make sure the file extension is just .trace and not .txt or something else.
- Download and run the online installer again
- After the connection error returns, provide the following log files using the instructions here How to share a document:
- The two log files saved at C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
In addition to the log files, please run an internet speed test on your internet connection. There are a number of sites, such as http://www.speedtest.net/, http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/, that you can use to do this. Please provide either the download connection speed or the ULR to the results.
here's a pic of the error message:
here's the link to the log files:
Speedtest shows a download of about 30 MBit/s but there's some IP-TV Streaming at the moment. Without it should be at 50 MBit/s.
I think that should be good enough for some fp downloads.
If you haven't rebooted yet, that's a great place to start. At minimum, it will eliminate a bunch of potential roadblocks for other steps.
If that doesn't work you can also try upgrading to latest version of Flash Player using the offline installer from the page - https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html
We have forwarded this case to the concerned team. Thank you for supporting us in improving quality of Flash Player Installers.