• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why the .swf files are displayed with a "The Unarchiver" icon on my Finder window? (Mac OsX 10.10.3, Flash CS6, Flash Player 11.4.402.265 (11.4))

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the .swf files are displayed with a "The Unarchiver" icon on my Finder window? (Mac OsX 10.10.3, Flash CS6, Flash Player 11.4.402.265 (11.4))

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Unarchiver" associated itself with those file types when you installed it.

Here's a decent guide on fixing it manually:

2 Ways to Change the Default Application to Open Files With in Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Sorry for not getting back earlier.

I've tried both methods and none of them works.

Screen-Shot-2015-06-30-at-09.38.23.jpg

That's a big deal for me because Im dyslexic and it's making me crazy. When the .swf are with the .fla together is very confusing for me because of the colors. The other day, I sent by mistake a .fla to a client because of this issue.

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 09.43.23.png

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's definitely a file association thing caused by the UnArchiver.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it.  I'd search around for stuff like "restore file association icon", along with your specific version of MacOS.  If you don't get any luck there, I'm sure the folks at Apple support would know how to handle this.  It's some fiddly thing inside MacOS that's outside my area of expertise, sorry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines