1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 10:21 AM by Steve Grisetti

Slow video playback and editing with Adobe Premiere Elements 11 with Lenova Yoga Pro 2?

Filitaliana

I meet system requirements.  Video is shot with a Nikon N-1.  I have to constantly render to see and hear the clip I'm editing.  My old laptops or peers don't have to spend this much time constantly rendering 2-3 minute videos.

• Intel Core i7 processor - 2 GHz
      • Windows 8.1 so will running in 32 bit compatibility slow me down since it's a 64 bit operating system?
      • 8-GB RAM

I'm not sure if I'm missing drivers or do not have the most up to date items to edit without waiting 20-30 minutes to edit a 30 second clip.  Even longer if I dare mess with opacity and cropping.

I apologize, I'm still a beginner

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Slow video playback and editing with Adobe Premiere Elements 11 with Lenova Yoga Pro 2?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your camera shoots in a variety of modes, resolutions and frame rates. It sounds as though the program is not matching your project settings to your video specs. This can happen if your camera uses a non-standard codec and, sometimes, if your camera saves its video as MOV files.

Open a sample of the video your camera is shooting in a program like G Spot or Media Info. Post to this forum the resolution, frame rate and audio and video codecs these programs display. Also mention if this cam shoots in MOV.

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

Also look at your timeline in Expert view. When you add a video clip to the timeline, is there a yellow orange line above the video clip, along the top of the timeline? This indicates that your video and project specs are not matching.

Once we know the specs of your video, we can recommend a solution.

But meantime do make sure you've got the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's system requirements.