0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 12:30 PM by MagnoLima

Lightroom takes in account Picture control, Vignette control, Auto distortion control, Long expose NR and High ISO NR of Nikon Cameras

MagnoLima

I have just purchased a Nikon D750 and I have a few questions about post-processing my images in Lightroom.

The camera has the following features: Picture control, Vignette control, Auto distortion control, Long expose NR and High ISO NR.

I only shot in Raw and I do not use Nikon software to process my images. I use either Lightroom CC or Capture One Pro 8 instead.

My question is if I use any or all of the aforesaid features, these features would be recognised by the 3rd party programs I use and apply them to the Raw file? Or rephrasing the question, these features are only recognised by Nikon software when processing Raw files?

I assume that these features are not applied to the image and instead there are instruction in the Raw file which permits the demosaic software to process the image according with what I set up in camera.

I do not want to double process me images, i.e. apply vignette control in camera and after in software.

I infer the above features are applied in the image shown in the camera monitor. Is it the case?

What Long expose NR and High ISO NR do to reduce the noise? Do they degrade the image? Would it be better to reduce the noise during the post-processing where I would have a better control and with new algorithms I could achieve better results in the future? Or doing the noise reduction in camera is always better?