3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 6:41 PM by A.T. Romano

If I movie a audio recording object in the timeline Premiere Elements 13 crashes

NatalieJackman

I recorded a short narration and was trying to adjust the placement of it in my video. However three times now when I have done so Premiere Elements 13 crashes. I have attached a screen shot of the message it gives me.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro fully updated.

Screenshot.png

• 1. Re: If I movie a audio recording object in the timeline Premiere Elements 13 crashes
          A.T. Romano Level 7

NatalieJackman

Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using the opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that so that we can go deeper into the matter.

In your reply, please include if the same thing happens if you are working in the Quick instead of the Expert workspace.

Can I assume that the narration was created using the Premiere Elements 13 Narration Tool? What happens if you create narration clip as wav file in Audacity and then import that wav file into Premiere Elements 13 with Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets for where you drag the wav to an numbered audio track, see what happens, and then take it to the Narration Track, see what happens.

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Do you have any other issue with the program? The audio may just be part of a larger problem or just an audio problem.

How much work have you done in the program's Narration Track when you add narration and try to reposition it? If you leave it at the position of the Timeline Indicator where it was created with the Narration Tool, can you continue in the project without problems?

Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: If I movie a audio recording object in the timeline Premiere Elements 13 crashes
            NatalieJackman Level 1

I guess it took a little bit for the update to show up but I did find a patch for both Photoshop Elements and Premiere 13 and updated them.

The audio clip was recorded using Window's sound recording tool because the narration feature in Premiere has this super distracting echo of my voice in my headphones. I found myself talking like William Shatner with the pauses because the echo of my voice was shorting out my thoughts. I did try it with the narration tool though. I found a work around where I turn down the program volume in Windows and then click the record button. Once I'm done I can turn the volume back up and listen to the recording. When dragging the internally created audio clip around on the timeline it crashed in the same manner. I saw another topic where it was pointed out that Premiere Pro has a option in it's settings that would resolve the issue. I would like to request that Adobe add the option into Premiere Elements. It seems like this issue has popped up several times.

My reported issue was with 13.0 so I guess it is a moot point.I tested it again in 13.1 and confirmed that the issue in the expert mode is resolved.

Thank you very much for your time ATR.

• 3. Re: If I movie a audio recording object in the timeline Premiere Elements 13 crashes
              A.T. Romano Level 7

NatalieJackman

Thanks for good news. Thanks for working through the details to gain your success. You did a great job.

I have Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on a Windows 8.1 64 bit laptop with a built in microphone. The Narration Tool is impossible to work with unless I turn the Mic Sensitivity in the Narration dialog all the way to the left. (I believe that is a gain control). I do not have this issue with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7 64 bit and Narration Tool. There I use a desktop microphone that plugs into a computer jack.

Another issue to watch out for is the loss of audio from numbered audio tracks and/or soundtrack when a narration clip is added to the project, using the Narration Tool. That seemed to target users of version 12/12.1. So, you should not get involved with this.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Audio Losses After Narration Addition

Some use the Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Form to communicate with Adobe on matters that they feel need attention.

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

From what I understand, the Adobe team reviews the comments but does not necessarily give a one on one reply.

Thanks for the follow up. Appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR