5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2015 5:22 AM by Obi-wan Kenobi

Indesign tables

RuneeMP

Hi!

I need help with formatting a table/cell style. I have a 4 column table with alternate row fills, green and white. This is fine for the first two columns, but I want to separate the two last columns with alternating grey and white fills.

Anyone knows if its possible to set this up using styles?

Rune

• 1. Re: Indesign tables
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Fill color can certainly be set as part of a Cell Style....

Setting the last two rows as Footer Rows might also allow you to change the fill as part of a Table Style.

• 2. Re: Indesign tables
            RuneeMP Level 1

Thanks for your reply Peter.

I'we attached a jpg file to better illustrate what I'm trying to achieve. When I'm setting up the alternate fills for the table, it seems impossible to assign different fill combinations to the two parts of the table using styles. (column 1-2 and column 3-4)

Runetable-example.jpg

• 3. Re: Indesign tables
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Sorry, I misread the question so the footer row stuff is irrelevant.

I don't do a lot of work with tables because I absolutely hate them, but I just created a table and set alternating row fills, then  created two new Cell Styles that had different fill colors and MANUALLY applied them to the last two columns and was able to reproduce what you want. It does not appear to me that you can define that pattern as part of a larger Table Style, so there is no way to avoid having to change the cells in the last two columns after you set up the alternation.

• 4. Re: Indesign tables
                RuneeMP Level 1

I thought so... It would have been a great feature though. Anyway – thank's for your time.

Rune

• 5. Re: Indesign tables
                  Obi-wan Kenobi Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

Very simple to do in 5 seconds, in 3 clicks! 

Create the good table/cells options. By default, applying your table style:

Capture d’écran 2015-06-25 à 14.09.33.png

Then, select the entire table and play a little [JS] to get this:

Capture d’écran 2015-06-25 à 14.09.52.png

Just finish by applying the good para style to the 2 last columns:

Capture d’écran 2015-06-25 à 14.10.10.png