Ooops; sorry, my first post here - so I've "messed up" the formatting vis-a-vis the subject and question.
I hope you can make sense of it and that I'm not alone with these issues.
Hi Spa innit,
If you are using Firefox - You need to Install the NPAPI Flash Player for Firefox and If you are using Chrome - You don't need any installer as Flash Player is part of the Chrome Installer (& Updater) itself. for more information please refer Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows
I am sorry but Flash Player is not supported on any mobile device (Android, Blackberry, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
NOTE: for Windows 8.x IE, Flash Player is shipped with the Widows Updates only so no extra installers there as well. for any OS below Win8.x you need to install Flash Player separately from the above page.
Hope this solves your problem.
Thanks for the quick reply Piyush,
Let me see if I've got this right in the form of a question!
"Is there just one Flash Player installer that will cover all versions of Windows for all browsers that I can download to distribute across all my network machines (I've applied for a 'distribution' licence, again)?"
thanks again (and to anyone else with any input on this ;>)
Hi Spa innit,
Yes we have different installer for different browsers.
- Windows XP to Windows 7 we have the Flash Player for Internet Exporer - ActiveX
- Windows 8 & 8.1 Flash Player is installed and updated as part of Windows update only, Kindly keep Windows 8.x updated to keep Flash Player updated
- Windows XP to Windows 8.1 we have the Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI
For Opera and Opera Developer
- Windows XP to Windows 8.1 we have the Flash Player for Opera and Chromium-based browsers - PPAPI
- Flash Player is part of Chrome installer and updated via chrome updates only, Kindly keep your Chrome updated to keep Flash Player updated
For a distribution environment you will be required to create a specific configuration on your server machine containing all the upgrade files. Your slave machines will have to configured to point to your server machine for any update instead of your adobe server. but you will have to place the latest files on your server manually. Also, you will receive a detailed support on setting up server configuration and slave configuration once you receive a distribution license.
I personally recommend to set Flash Player to recommended settings for update to automatically update itself with every new update,
once in a while you will get a pop up to upgrade using our online installer which is mostly for our major releases, rest others will be pushed to your system automatically when you are online.
I hope I have answered your questions.