11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 11:07 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Adobe CC 2015

pjbarbour_rotor Level 1

I've  upgraded many times over the years. This is easily one of the worst releases I've ever experienced. FULL of bugs and errors.

For example. Simple comps that displayed fine in CC 2014 have missing layers randomly when scrubbing timeline. mts files suddenly don't work. ALL of my plugins are updated. Last time I EVER install new version of Adobe CC within two months of release. You all really need to test the heck out of these things BEFORE you release.

• 1. Re: Adobe CC 2015
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Please submit detailed bug reports here so that we can fix any problems as soon as possible:

http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

known issues:

known issues in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5)

• 2. Re: Adobe CC 2015
            pjbarbour_rotor Level 1

this is the worst releases I've ever experienced. How do I revert to CC 2014? You all have your work cut out for you. I can't reproduce any bugs, because my Premiere Pro sequence won't even show up in PP. "media pending", dynamic link is broken. too many problems to list here. Just want to revert to 2014.

• 3. Re: Adobe CC 2015
              billymoshun

Easily the worst work in progress you have ever released Adobe - and I've been with you since Illustrator 88.  What's the point in releasing something so incomplete that it is worse that a beta release??

No preview when rendering - WTF?  So you have to wait until your sequence has rendered out before you know if there are any snagging issues  WHAT???

Not able to preview audio effectively to sync to the motion. It's totally unacceptable.  Seriously considering my pipeline.  Nuke here I come.

• 4. Re: Adobe CC 2015
                DanBucket Level 1

Yep my workflow has nearly ground to a halt after this release. More and more small random issues keep popping up that I have to trouble shoot. Now even After Effects and Media Encoder are having trouble talking to each other. And overall render times have increased.

• 5. Re: Adobe CC 2015
                  billymoshun Level 1

Yep Dan - render times are ridiculous.  Another example of shareholders wanting Adobe to release products at specific times.  You know what Adobe - we don't care about facial animation tech if the whole app sucks.  Just release amazing products when they work - not when they are half-baked.

• 6. Re: Adobe CC 2015
                    Aris Zagklis Level 1

So far i've a pretty serious bug (which i reported already) with the preview..no matter if you choose play from current time or length of working area, still plays from beggining. Also the time indicator doesn't follow at all...freezes.

Adobe thankfully is digging their grave with this buggy releases and i declare as soon as i find better or equal alternatives, adobe cc is gone for me.

I was forced to open my project in CC2014 to play correct, and render it in CC2015 (because the media encoder in CC2014 wasn't uninstalled).

Totally mess adobe. you must name us ALPHA USERS and pay nothing until these bugs are fixed. Because this DOESN"T correspond in the money you ask each month for a product that doesn't work as you promised and we run to upgrade.

• 7. Re: Adobe CC 2015
                      billymoshun Level 1

I'd like to know who tested this before it was released.  Obviously not an AE power user.  What I don't understand is why it was released with known bugs and functionality (that we all totally depend on) missing. 

• 8. Re: Adobe CC 2015
                        Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

pjbarbour_rotor wrote:

How do I revert to CC 2014?

How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

In the future, I would recommend keeping your old version around while you test a new one - it can help prevent frustration: keeping previous versions installed when installing CC 2015 applications

Heck, I have CS5, CS6, CC, CC 2014, and CC 2015 all installed on my computer at home for compatibility with freelance clients and old projects and whatnot.

By all means, install a new version when it comes out to try it out, help find bugs, check out new features, etc., but don't lose your old version if you've got work happening!

• 9. Re: Adobe CC 2015
                          pjbarbour_rotor Level 1

There's always bugs in the software. But they have NEVER been as bad as this. Plus, Adobe used to not automatically delete the old versions when installing the new version. Bottom line: Adobe screwed up BIG TIME on this one. My only error was faith in Adobe.

• 10. Re: Adobe CC 2015
                            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

P.J. Barbour wrote:

Plus, Adobe used to not automatically delete the old versions when installing the new version. Bottom line: Adobe screwed up BIG TIME on this one.

I definitely agree that they should have made it clearer that it was defaulting to remove the old versions. I mean, it gave the option and it told users it was doing it, but who's going to read that light grey text block when there's a big, blue shiny "UPDATE" button?

In a better world, the default would be to leave the old software, but nobody asked me.

That's why I put a sticky on top of /r/AfterEffects on Reddit and probably why there's a sticky at the top of this forum and why the Adobe Premiere and AE teams were blogging about it. We all, clearly, knew it was a warning people needed to have.

• 11. Re: Adobe CC 2015
                              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update is available, which fixes several issues: http://adobe.ly/1Il5JYe