1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2015 11:29 AM by A.T. Romano

I click on the desktop icon and nothing comes up, what should I do?

sterlingw78065902

I have adobe premiere elements 13 and it is not working. I have restarted my computer a half-dozen times and that did not help. I tried to open previous projects that I was working on but the edit screen will not work. When I click on organizer, I can get somewhere but the Video Editor button has not worked at all. The program often shuts down completely when I click on one of the projects. What can I do to fix it???? HELP!!!

• 1. Re: I click on the desktop icon and nothing comes up, what should I do?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sterlingw

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? Had you updated 13 to 13.1 yet?

Assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer....

Go to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

and, in the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder, look for the file specially named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe.

a. Right click the file, select and apply Run As Administrator

and then

b. Double click that same file to determine if Premiere Elements 13 opens bypassing the Welcome Screen.

Apparently the program has worked before but not now.

But the usual drill questions...

a. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

b. Latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer and running programs as administrator?

c. What is a description of your computer resources?

d. Did you install the program to the default location on Local Disk C?

e. Properties of source media for the projects and project preset set by you or the project?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next based on the details of your reply.

Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR