• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is LR 6.1 for download??? Purchased 6.0, don't find the update.

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased LR 6, download worked, installation always stopped after splash screen. Hoped the bug is fixed with 6.1, but I canno download it. Adobe Creative Cloud would let me install LR CC 2015 which workes nicely. But where do I find my LR 6.1 desktop version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Peter,

To update Lightroom 6 to 6.1, please open the Lightroom software and select: Help > check for updates

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

To update Lightroom 6 to 6.1, please open the Lightroom software and select: Help > check for updates

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on Updates opens the Creative Cloud Updater. I want to update LR 6.0.1 to 6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By removing the CC Console (I don't use any CC products), standalone LR then offered to update to 6.1 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CC is RACKET !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you have 6.0 and the Help>Check for updates says everything is up to date.  When you check System Info it has only "6.0" listed. 

Reason is that I had a  2012 rMBP running 5.7 and it ran great, fast, smooth, and quite!

Upgraded to a 2015 rMBP and upgraded to 6.0 and the fans start kicking in ASAP with the AMD R370x.  The fans are annoying and I'm not even pushing the new machine 1/10 like the old machine.  Was thinking the updates would help but I guess my early download is preventing any updates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. The primary reason I upgraded from 5 was to have the local black and white adjustments. With 6.0 these aren't there, they are included in 6.1 but I can't upgrade to 6.1 as nothing happens when I check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I had to do...and regret it!!!  "Uninstalled" my standalone version of 6.0.  Then downloaded the CC Trial which does not let you choose and automatically loads 6.2.1 with the dumb down import interface.  Now you will be stuck on the merry go round trial for 30 days.  To get off, I guess you quit the trial and enter your 6.0 serial number which takes you to a stand alone version.  I don't know because I didn't do it yet.  I'm hoping they improve the import feature due to the outcry of the forum users and or make some additional improvements while I'm still under the trial.  To make matters worse, if you upgraded to OS X El Capitan for that "refined experience and improved performance" it appears to bring in additional anomalies and does NOT seem to play well with Lightroom 6.2.1 - again based on the forum reports.  YMMV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

If you have the Lightroom Creative Cloud 2015 trial but want to convert to the perpetual version (Lightroom 6), please see this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-cc-trial-to-activate-as-lightroom -6.html

This might also be of interest:

Mixed licensing considerations - If you have an active Creative Cloud membership and a serial number...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i get 6.1? i just uninstalled 6.2 & reinstalled 6.0. i am afraid to use the help/update because i suspect that will dump me right back into 6.2. which is nonfunctional on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page offers the ability to install LR 6.0, and then select which upgrade point release you'd like:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, jonathan. i'm now back to usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jonathan for the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just unistalled 6.2 and reinstalled 6.0.  What I want is 6.1, like the posters above, but the download link under "Windows" gives me a .dmg Mac file.  Where is an .exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I upgrade from Lightroom 5 to the new version that supports the RAW images transferred imported from my Sony A7R2 digital camera?  I believe the new version that supports my Sony A7R2 is Lightroom CC 6.1.1.  Just want someone to let me know if that's correct and how to acquire the upgrade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines