1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 26, 2006 6:31 AM by CutterBl

Passing variable from one server to another within different application.cfm

sakurasan Level 1
      hello all.
      currently , i have 3 server..
      each is installed with coldfusion server.
      let says,
      server A,server B, and server C.

server A has the application.cfm for login.
      from server A , I want to carry the login ID to server B(also has application.cfm) or server C(also has application.cfm) without having to login again.

Present, what I facing right now..
      server A has the application.cfm login and then direct to server B(also has application.cfm).
      But at server B it will request user to relogin.
      Same with server C.

should I changed and modified the application.cfm in server B and C by removing 'cflogin statement'?

I have no idea.. :chomp: :confused:

Please anybody, help me with this..
        • 1. Re: Passing variable from one server to another within different application.cfm
          CutterBl Level 1
          Hhhhmmmm. Well, I believe that the cflogin is only available to the application for which it is used within. You may have to write your own login method, possibly saving a user's username and password within the session scope (encrypted) that you then pass to server B or C through the form scope when the user moves to those servers. When a page is called on server B or C it then looks for the presence of the form scope, copies the values to their session scope, unencrypt the values to reauthenticate at the new server (all in the background), and then move along with their business. That's one idea, I'm sure there are probably several different ways to handle this.