5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 9:59 AM by danielwmaldonado

sass not working

danielwmaldonado

the scss file works, however, once I start nesting dreamweaver no longer recognizes. how can i fix this to use sass?

• 1. Re: sass not working
          BenPleysier Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are referring to the colour coding of nested style rules, then, for the moment, you will have to put up with that. You will soon get used to it. Alternatively, send a request to Adobe Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

• 2. Re: sass not working
            danielwmaldonado Level 1

I'm learning that that (sass syntax highlighting) is another issue, although, the syntax is not the current issue I am having. The Sass is simply not compiling at all when using Dw CC15. Once I do any Sass (nesting, vars, etc) the css stops working. I thought Scout/Compass compiler would do the compiling but I may not understand completely how it works, or if at all?

However, using Sass via the command line works in Dw just fine, but I'm a designer & normally don't spend any time in command line.

Apologies for the confusion, I'm just learning Sass & while I hear great things about it - it's turning out to be more of a headache that I initially thought from within my environment.

Thanks for the help.

• 3. Re: sass not working
              BenPleysier Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is no need for the command line to compile Sass if you use Prepros. The moment that you save a scss file and you have Prepros running in the background, the file will be compiled into css.

I am a bit disappointed that Dreamweaver did not have the compiler this time around. With a bit of luck it will be included in the next update.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: sass not working
                danielwmaldonado Level 1

Ah! Well, I really appreciate the help. This is becoming a bigger project than I originally anticipated so I'll just stick w/ my css and try this again at a later date. Thanks for your time.

• 5. Re: sass not working
                  danielwmaldonado Level 1

Unfortunately it's not as simple as opening & saving a scss file for me in Prepros or Scout. I've done it in both Dw & Sublime Text. I must be doing something wrong. I'm not a programmer, I'm a designer so there must be something I'm missing that is being overlooked in order to have it working properly... Oh well...