2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 7:26 AM by ECBowen

Need some hardware guidance on Adobe After Effects...

hockeyman01

I am new to adobe after affects and need some guidance... I have been reading articles to try and understand best hardware to run it on.  I need some opinions and feedback.

My budget would be between $1500 and $2500 canadian.

Is there an advantage of running Adobe After Effects with Mac hardware? Does it run better than it would on a Windows computer?

Wondering if Adobe After Effects cares more about the processing power than the operating system being run...

Does having a dedicated graphic card make a huge difference with vram? I was reading CPU and memory are most important

I was reading in the past that Nvidia had Ray tracing, but is being phased out for Cinema 4D. Does integrated graphics work extremely well with Cinema 4D.. I reading that the plugin Octane apparently works really well with Nvidia.

*My idea for a PC build would be I7 4790 (Quad Core, 3.6GHZ , 8MB L3 cache) , 32GB ram , Integrated graphics HD 4600, 240GB SSD for OS only , 2 x 1TB hdd

*Mac hardware i was thinking  3.4ghz I5, 16GB ram, 1TB hdd, with Nvidia dedicated 750m 1GB VRAM or something similiar to that..

Thanks in advance for your advice and support!