4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2015 1:38 PM by copwriter1

Can't reposition timeline for Time Remapping

copwriter1 Level 1

I'm using Premiere Elements on a PC running Windows 8.1. I'm trying to apply time remapping to a section of one clip. I've marked the start and end of the segment I want to remap with scene markers. I position the timeline so that the segment I intend to remap appears on the display. When I click the control for Time Remapping (Tools|Time Remapping), the timeline moves to the very end of the clip, and I can't reposition it to show the portion I want without exiting the Time Remapping screen. How do I keep or move the timeline on the portion I want?

• 1. Re: Can't reposition timeline for Time Remapping
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Scene Markers have nothing to do with Time Remapping.

To do a Time Remap, you select a clip on your timeline, open the Time Remapping tool and then create Time Zones for time shifting.

• 2. Re: Can't reposition timeline for Time Remapping
            copwriter1 Level 1

I understand that scene markers have nothing to do with Time Remapping. I placed them so I could easily find the start and end points I wanted to remap.

The timeline contains four clips, maybe three minutes total. I've selected the clip that contains the portion I want to remap. I bring up the control for Time Remapping, but as soon as I do so, the timeline moves so that only that end portion of the last clip (not the one I want to remap) is visible on the timeline. I cannot move the timeline while the remapping tool is active. If I cancel out of the Time Remapping screen, the timeline returns to where it was before I brought yup the Time Remapping tool.

I note that the reply to my original question has been marked as "Correct Answer," but I'm no closer to solving my problem than I was before.

• 3. Re: Can't reposition timeline for Time Remapping
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you select the Time Remapping option from the Tool button on the Action Bar, you should go into a whole other workspace, one dedicated to Time Remapping. You should not be seeing the regular editing timeline.

You click to select a clip on the timeline, then you click Tools, then Time Remapping. The Time Remapping workspace will open.

Is this what's happening? It's not clear from your description.

You are actually clicking to select one (and only one) clip on the timeline before you select the Time Remapping tool, right?

• 4. Re: Can't reposition timeline for Time Remapping
                copwriter1 Level 1

I apparently wasn't selecting a single clip, because I just tried it again and it worked perfectly. Thanks to everyone for your help.