3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 8:17 AM by Drewsons

auto smart tone stopped working

Drewsons Level 1

I renamed the directory holding the .prel file and all of the production support files and now AUTO SMART TONE is not working.  The Custom button does not work and the settings are not working in the video clips.

• 1. Re: auto smart tone stopped working
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Try doing a Save As and save your project under a new file name in a new location.

It could be that, in the process of tinkering with the directory and file names, you invalidated a link.

And, of course, if you changed the names of any Program Files or Program Data folders, you may have really broken something and you may need to uninstall, run a registry cleaner and reinstall. It's not clear of that's what you mean when you say you changed the names of "production support files" -- but, if so, that's never a good idea.

• 2. Re: auto smart tone stopped working
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Drewsons

Contributory things to put on your troubleshooting list

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Assuming Premiere Elements 12/12.1 or 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit -

Sounds like you have at least two things going on, as you have been pointed to, relating to when you start changing things after a project has been saved closed, but you seem to be focused on Auto Smart Tone. It may be a band-aid in a more complex matter, but have you hit the "Clean Auto Smart Tone Learning" button at the bottom of Edit Menu/Preferences/General? And, have you deleted the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file under Local Disk C\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\version number\. Make sure you are not working with hidden files and folders which prevent you from seeing the path to the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

ATR

• 3. Re: auto smart tone stopped working
              Drewsons Level 1

Steve,

I tried your idea of copying the project to another directory and that did not fix the AUTO

TONE breakdown.  The renaming of the directory with the prel file caused the malfunction of

the AUTO TONE function and nothing I did was able to restore it. I assume that the AUTO

TONE function code is sensitive to directory naming and this is a weakness of version

Premier Elements 12.

I may be time for me to upgrade to PRO.