2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2015 6:43 PM by Bill Gehrke

best Laptop for 3D Modelling, 3D/Video Editing, Gaming, daily use

EurikaMleR

Hi all

Whats te best, top laptop for 3D Modelling, 3D/Video Editing, Gaming, daily use.

I'm a graphics designer and want to buy the best for lasting a long time before upgrade again..

please can somebody help me?

• 1. Re: Hi all, Whats the best, top Laptop for 3D Modelling, 3D/Video Editing, Gaming, daily use. I'm a graphic designer and want to buy and buy good to last for a long time.. :)  Can anybody help me please?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would check customer service reviews for the manufacturers, resale value, usable life and warranty. Apple wins in customer service especially if you are near an Apple store. For exactly the same specifications processor, ram, storage, display, an Mac is a bit more expensive. I prefer the MacBookPro R, have had two of them. Used the first one, which I bought the say they were introduced for two and a half years and sold it for 80% of what I paid for it and bought a new one. I also have had many windows machines from HP to Alienware and most of them lost more than 50% of their value in a year or two. It's service and warranty that effects resale value more than anything else.

Purchase price is only part of the question. The OS that works best with the most software depends entirely on the timing of the builds. Sometimes Apple wins, sometimes Microsoft does. If you are not concerned with the OS then the decision is purely economic.  The economic model you use to price things out depends on how you want to manage your business expenses. As long as your system meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements you should have a laptop capable of getting the job done. I hope this gives you some things to consider.

• 2. Re: best Laptop for 3D Modelling, 3D/Video Editing, Gaming, daily use
            Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

I strongly suggest that you contact one of our frequent contributors to this forum Eric at ADK for a custom laptop tailored specifically for your precise requirements.  Their support is wonderful.  Their only business is video and audio computers.