2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 4:13 PM by Silver Back Gorilla

Dialog Window Location in CC 2015?

Silver Back Gorilla Level 1

In Photoshop CC2015, the dialog windows always center themselves regardless of the coordinates given to the window.  I've tried both window.frameLocation and window.location.  This works fine prior to CC2015.  I have this command right before window.show().  I also tried adding window.frameLocation to onShow but it still puts it in the center.  I then tried adding a button to the UI with the window.framelocation and it will move the window to where it is suppose to be.

Is there any way to automate a piece of code to run right after the window is drawn?  If so, the window could be moved to the proper location after it is drawn.

I think that window.show() is calculating the center and overwriting the location.  I tested by alerting the location just before it is drawn and then adding a button to alert after the window pops up.  The location just before .show() is the correct location that I give it.  After the window appears, the window.frameLocation values that I get from the test button change to the center.  The only code ran between the 2 alerts is window.show() so it must be recalculating the window coordinates.

This works prior to CC2015........

winX=100;

winY=100;

window.frameLocation=[winX,winY];

window.show();

I also tried this variation but the onShow code runs just before the window is drawn.

winX=100;

winY=100;

window.onShow=function{window.frameLocation=[winX,winY];}

window.show();