1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 2:57 AM by ste1989

Any way to move/remove annoying files in documents?

ste1989 Level 1

Hi all,

I've been using Adobe products for the last 10 years and am currently up to date with CC. I used After Effects for the first time ever today and now have a number of files and folders in my documents which I'd like to move elsewhere and not have reappear. It seems this is the default location it drops them and I see no way to change it.

I have:

Adobe folder - inside there are folders for Adobe Media Encoder, After Effects, After Effects CC 2015 and Lumetri

Media Browser Provider Exception

Recent Directories

SharedView Column Settings

There was also an Adobe Scripts folder that was completely empty, so I trashed that one. These have all appeared this afternoon. My documents folder is incredibly organised (see attached images) so I'd really like to shift these elsewhere.

Thanks very much for any help you can give me!

Ste.

n.b. two attached images are before and after these files dropped.

n.b.2. if this needs to be moved to the AE forum, please feel free to do so!

Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 17.42.59.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 20.05.10.png

• 1. Re: Any way to move/remove annoying files in documents?
          ste1989 Level 1

Ok, so I've put in place out a work-around to hide these folders. It doesn't seem to have affected anything inside the Adobe apps, and they aren't put back into place when the app is opened, so I'm considering it's a good way to solve this issue.

Head into Terminal.

Type:

chflags hidden

There is a space after hidden. Once written, drag the file or folder into the code line and release. Then hit enter. The file is hidden.

If you need to undo the process or get the folder back at a later date, you can type 'chflags nohidden ' followed by the file path - which you'll need to have remembered.

2 people found this helpful