This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
sprite(x).cursor = y or "the cursor of sprite x = y" has priority over "cursor z". If you want to set specific cursors for specific sprites, and then be able to override these sprite cursors, you should use a cursor manager script (see attached code below). To test the script, try the following:
1. Create a new movie
2. Add a sprite with the following behavior:
3. Create a Movie Script with the following scriptText:
goCursorManager = script("Cursor Manager").new()
4. Run the movie. When you move the cursor over your sprite, you should see the finger cursor.
5. In the Message window, type:
6. You should now see the watch/hourglass cursor, even when you are over the sprite.
7. In the Message window, type:
The busy cursor should disappear, and the finger cursor should appear when the mouse is over the sprite.
Is this enough information for you to be able to successfully hide the cursor in your own application?