• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having various problems installing CS6 Design & Web Premium. From the CD, either the installer hangs or it tells me it is a counterfeit (it isn't). From the Web download file, I can't even extract. I get a access violation error.

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having various problems installing CS6 Design & Web Premium. From the CD, either the installer hangs or it tells me it is a counterfeit (it isn't). From the Web download file, I can't even extract. I get a access violation error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy your cd contents to a desktop directory and install from that directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this. I double clicked on "Set-up" I get the following error:

Adobe Installer

We've encountered the following errors:

Installer failed to initialize. THis could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem.

...Adobe Support Advisor no longer exists.

Any other suggestions and thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I tried right-click to Run as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

start at the top and work your way down applying applicable fixes until your problem is resolved.

if cc (win):  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-application-failed.html

if, your error is:

"Installer failed to initialize. File not found." or "Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to missing files."

first, rename OOBE Folder to OOBE.old.

to find OOBE:

64 bit win OS: Program Files x86\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

32 bit win OS: Program Files \Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

mac os: HD>library>application support>adobe>caps

mac os: USER>library>application support>adobe>OOB

if that fails or isn't the exact error you see, uninstall, clean (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html) and reinstall.

if you're using a dvd to install:

copy the disc contents to a desktop directory and install from that directory.

if you're using a mac:

1. Try to Create a new user account in Mac with Administrator Priviledges.

2. Login to the New user, Navigate to Mac HD> Application> Utilities> Adobe Installer folder, Locate products like Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash, Adobe Air and un-install them

3. Navigate to User Library> Application Support> Adobe and move Adobe to Trash.

4. Navigate to Mac HD> Library> Application Support> Adobe and move Adobe to Trash.

5. Start the installation again.

if everything applicable above fails, check your installation logs:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-using-logs-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this again copy/pasting to an Admin account, and that worked. THanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines