8G ram

1G video ram  Nvidia Quadro FX 2800M  1920 x 1200dpi screen resolution

DirectX Runtime  11.0

C: 500GB SSD

E: 1TB SSD

Premiere Elements 13.1 in Expert mode

All imported clips are H.264, constant 29.97fps, .mp4

48kHz  16bit stereo .mp3

After finishing my timeline, I have chosen “Faux Widescreen” menu, manually set all Menu markers, edited all fonts & colors, set each start time code, tested each button in "Preview Disc" to verify that it starts where it should & am trying to load my original pix onto each scene/chapter button instead of the automatically generated pix. It seems that it is easy enough to play video in the buttons but dragging a full size pix only shows black in the “Preview Disc” window when “Select Scenes” is clicked & the first page of 6 titles opens… no pix seem to be associated on/with each button. I tried to find the real size for an image thumbnail without success. I must be tired because this doesn’t seem like it should be quite this involved so I’m raising a flag for anyone who might spot where I’m going wrong. I appreciate your thoughts.

I/M

• 1. Re: Thumbnails for Scene/Chapter markers
          A.T. Romano Level 7

INTER MUNDOS

Now here is something we need to come to an agreement on...

You wrote

to verify that it starts where it should & am trying to load my original pix onto each scene/chapter button instead of the automatically generated pix.

What is in the Scene Selection page thumbnail corresponds to the image in the Timeline frame where you have applied the Timeline scene marker. You do not load original pictures into each scene button. Did I misunderstand what you are actually trying to do? 

But, there is an opportunity to change the image in the Scene Selection page thumbnail for that scene button. That is to double click the Timeline scene marker to open the Marker dialog. Then in the Marker dialog, use the Thumbnail Offset to move the view from the original frame to another. If you over do it with the Thumbnail Offset, you can run into the frame for the next scene marker. Using the Thumbnail Offset allows you to change the image that appears in the Scene Selection page scene button without having to move the actual Timeline scene marker.

If you are going to have menu markers and want to place the menu markers yourself, do so in the Edit area.

Then, when you are in the Movie Menu area which displays the theme choices, remove the check mark which requests that project to set the menu markers for you automatically, and press Continue.

Once you are in the Movie Menu customization, you can still double click a menu marker and adjust the Thumbnail Offset, but not in excess.

Please review the above and then let me know if any of it applies to your question and situation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Thumbnails for Scene/Chapter markers
            INTER MUNDOS Level 1

ATR,

INTER MUNDOS

Now here is something we need to come to an agreement on...

You wrote

to verify that it starts where it should & am trying to load my original pix onto each scene/chapter button instead of the automatically generated pix.

What is in the Scene Selection page thumbnail corresponds to the image in the Timeline frame where you have applied the Timeline scene marker. You do not load original pictures into each scene button. Did I misunderstand what you are actually trying to do?  You did understand correctly. I was trying to do something that the program isn’t capable of doing, thank you, I didn’t know that. I wanted to use other pix because the auto generated ones come out less than desirable.

But, there is an opportunity to change the image in the Scene Selection page thumbnail for that scene button. That is to double click the Timeline scene marker to open the Marker dialog. Then in the Marker dialog, use the Thumbnail Offset to move the view from the original frame to another. If you over do it with the Thumbnail Offset, you can run into the frame for the next scene marker. Using the Thumbnail Offset allows you to change the image that appears in the Scene Selection page scene button without having to move the actual Timeline scene marker.

I can see where this works. Although it would be useful, since I already know the exact time code from the start of the (movie) that I want to have the single frame image be my thumbnail, if I could just enter that time code in from the start of the movie & not the start of each individual clip. I think I’d get a better image that way because I could pick anywhere on the timeline. But you suggestion is working very well.

If you are going to have menu markers and want to place the menu markers yourself, do so in the Edit area.

This being my first time on stage with Elements, I watched the preview window, paused it & right clicked the timeline & chose “Set Menu Marker” between cuts.  I’ll get the hang of this soon.

Then, when you are in the Movie Menu area which displays the theme choices, remove the check mark which requests that project to set the menu markers for you automatically, and press Continue.

Once you are in the Movie Menu customization, you can still double click a menu marker and adjust the Thumbnail Offset, but not in excess.

Please review the above and then let me know if any of it applies to your question and situation.

Thank you.

ATR

Once again I sure appreciate your help & advice.

I/M

• 3. Re: Thumbnails for Scene/Chapter markers
              A.T. Romano Level 7

INTER MUNDOS

Good to learn of your progress. Lots to be done with Movie Menus to navigate your disc playbacks.

The more you work them, the more you will be able to achieve the effects you want and even customize and create your own.

We can give you lots of advice about working with movie menus, but for now the first one "never put a stop marker at the end of the last Timeline file". It is not needed at that location and causes a lot of burn to problems. And, you need not put stop markers at all in the Timeline content for burn to AVCHD or burn to Blu-ray since the players of those disc products do not recognize the stop markers in them.

The following is an Adobe document on disc menus that may be of interest

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/creating-disc-menus.html

Best wishes

ATR