1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 4:37 PM by kentdesign

I have older student licensed products that I want to move from my fried computer to my new one, How?

caitym6212

I have the student licensed products, lightroom 2 and CS4, I've been running it until today when I had to get a new computer due to my old one being fried! Is there any way to transfer this software to the new computer? Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: I have older student licensed products that I want to move from my fried computer to my new one, How?
          kentdesign Adobe Community Professional

If your old hard drive is fried, you then cannot "unregister" the licenses from that computer.

Normally you open a product, click the HELP in the top menu, and un register the computer so your software can be used on another computer.

Do you still have the disks for the installation?

If so, try installing them and when it asks for a registration number, use your original reg number.

This will work if you originally only installed the software on one computer because you are normally allowed to install on two different machines.

If you had installed on 2 machines before and cannot unregister your serial numbers because the HD is fried, then you will need to call Adobe to have them release the serial number on the fried machine.