13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2015 2:33 AM by antjes3108441

Lightroom, in Windows 10 Preview, becomes non-responsive after Developing a photo and attempting to do anything else.

AevAtlas

As the title indicates, Lightroom becomes non-response after editing a photo and attempting to do anything else. For example, I select a raw .DNG file from my library, make edits, and when I attempt to edit another photo or return to the Library, Lightroom freezes and becomes non-responsive. I am able to edit one photo before Lightroom freezes. If I am simply viewing images, I can move freely between images in both Library and Develop without issue, but the moment I make an edit, Lightroom while freeze when attempting to do anything outside the Develop tool menu. 

A few things before I describe what I have been attempting to do to resolve this.

1. This has never happened before. I've had minor hiccups with Lightroom over the years, but not to the point that I can only edit one photo before the program freezes.
      2. I have been using Lightroom throughout the Windows 10 Technical Preview since October 2014 without issue. While the OS is in beta, it has been very stable.
      3. This is a licensed copy of Lightroom, not a cracked version nor a trial. 
      4. I install Lightroom on a SSD but keep my photos and Catalog on local HDD.
      5. Lightroom worked up until last night on the current release of Windows 10, build 10130
      6. Lightroom is updated to the most current version, CC 2015.1 [ 1025654 ]

This is what I did in attempt to resolve the issue after encountering the error.

1. Performed a SSD Secure Erase and clean install of the most current build of Windows 10, build 10130.
      2. Allowed Windows to automatically install updated drivers.
      3. A Clean install of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, Lightroom, and Photoshop

The problem existed after doing this. I continued to troubleshoot.

1. Performed File > Optimize Catalog, - Issue Remained
      2. Edit > Preferences > Performance, and attempted to uncheck "Use Graphics Processor", - Lightroom froze and crashed to desktop.
      3. Edit > Preferences > File Handling > Purge Cache, and also changed Camera Raw Cache Settings Maximum Settings from 1.0GB to 50.0GB, - Issue still remained.
      4. Ran Lightroom in Windows 8.1 Compatibility Mode, - Issue Remained
      5. Ran Lightroom in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode, - Could freely navigate between images and make minor edits, but after editing one photo and zooming in, Lightroom froze.
      6. Created a new catalog and imported 11,847 photos. Edited one photo, Lightroom froze when I clicked on another photo to edit.
      7. Created a new catalog and imported 147, the most recent photos I took. Edited three photos, Lightroom froze when I clicked on the fourth photo to edit.

My next step is to do a clean install back to Windows 8.1 or 7 Ultimate. I do not know what else I can do or why this issue is now happening. If anyone has any suggestions I am ready to give them a go. Thank you for taking the time to review my case and provide some advice.

Cordially,

Daniel Aistrop

P.S.

Here is a summary of my system information:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.1 [ 1025654 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 8.1 Business Edition

Version: 6.3 [9600]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3.4 GHz

Built-in memory: 8138.8 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8138.8 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 624.6 MB (7.6%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 804.3 MB

Memory cache size: 148.3 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.13394 Core Profile Context 15.200.1023.5

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

LanguageVersion: 4.40

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom

Library Path: e:\Users\Daniel\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Settings Folder: C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) Behance

2) Canon Tether Plugin

3) Facebook

4) Flickr

5) Leica Tether Plugin

6) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 1002

Device : 6719

Subsystem : b001002

Revision : 0

Video Memory : 2032

Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414

Device : 8c

Subsystem : 0

Revision : 0

Video Memory : 0

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024

AudioDeviceName: Speakers (Plantronics GameCom 780)

AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2

AudioDeviceSampleRate: 44100

Build: Uninitialized

Direct2DEnabled: false

GPUDevice: not available

OGLEnabled: true