As the title indicates, Lightroom becomes non-response after editing a photo and attempting to do anything else. For example, I select a raw .DNG file from my library, make edits, and when I attempt to edit another photo or return to the Library, Lightroom freezes and becomes non-responsive. I am able to edit one photo before Lightroom freezes. If I am simply viewing images, I can move freely between images in both Library and Develop without issue, but the moment I make an edit, Lightroom while freeze when attempting to do anything outside the Develop tool menu.
A few things before I describe what I have been attempting to do to resolve this.
- This has never happened before. I've had minor hiccups with Lightroom over the years, but not to the point that I can only edit one photo before the program freezes.
- I have been using Lightroom throughout the Windows 10 Technical Preview since October 2014 without issue. While the OS is in beta, it has been very stable.
- This is a licensed copy of Lightroom, not a cracked version nor a trial.
- I install Lightroom on a SSD but keep my photos and Catalog on local HDD.
- Lightroom worked up until last night on the current release of Windows 10, build 10130
- Lightroom is updated to the most current version, CC 2015.1 [ 1025654 ]
This is what I did in attempt to resolve the issue after encountering the error.
- Performed a SSD Secure Erase and clean install of the most current build of Windows 10, build 10130.
- Allowed Windows to automatically install updated drivers.
- A Clean install of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, Lightroom, and Photoshop
The problem existed after doing this. I continued to troubleshoot.
- Performed File > Optimize Catalog, - Issue Remained
- Edit > Preferences > Performance, and attempted to uncheck "Use Graphics Processor", - Lightroom froze and crashed to desktop.
- Edit > Preferences > File Handling > Purge Cache, and also changed Camera Raw Cache Settings Maximum Settings from 1.0GB to 50.0GB, - Issue still remained.
- Ran Lightroom in Windows 8.1 Compatibility Mode, - Issue Remained
- Ran Lightroom in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode, - Could freely navigate between images and make minor edits, but after editing one photo and zooming in, Lightroom froze.
- Created a new catalog and imported 11,847 photos. Edited one photo, Lightroom froze when I clicked on another photo to edit.
- Created a new catalog and imported 147, the most recent photos I took. Edited three photos, Lightroom froze when I clicked on the fourth photo to edit.
My next step is to do a clean install back to Windows 8.1 or 7 Ultimate. I do not know what else I can do or why this issue is now happening. If anyone has any suggestions I am ready to give them a go. Thank you for taking the time to review my case and provide some advice.
Here is a summary of my system information:
Lightroom version: CC 2015.1 [ 1025654 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Operating system: Windows 8.1 Business Edition
Version: 6.3 
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3.4 GHz
Built-in memory: 8138.8 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 8138.8 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 624.6 MB (7.6%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 804.3 MB
Memory cache size: 148.3 MB
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No
Graphics Processor Info:
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Check OpenGL support: Passed
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Version: 3.3.13394 Core Profile Context 15.200.1023.5
Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom
Library Path: e:\Users\Daniel\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom
2) Canon Tether Plugin
5) Leica Tether Plugin
6) Nikon Tether Plugin
Config.lua flags: None
Adapter #1: Vendor : 1002
Device : 6719
Subsystem : b001002
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 2032
Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414
Device : 8c
Subsystem : 0
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 0
AudioDeviceName: Speakers (Plantronics GameCom 780)
GPUDevice: not available