10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2016 4:10 PM by Snemanje poroke

Can't install plural eyes connector for PP CC 2015

georg.ekg Level 1

I already find this discussion for PP CC 2014, but now with PP CC 2015, again same story.

Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 12.46.20 PM.png

I have all software updated to the latest versions: Premiere Pro, Plural eyes, Plural eyes connector and Extension manager, but nothing.

• 1. Re: Can't install plural eyes connector for PP CC 2015
          estebana17310343 Level 1

I too would love an answer to this.

• 2. Re: Can't install plural eyes connector for PP CC 2015
            K.Woods Adobe Employee (Admin)

Extension Manager is not supported for CC 2015. Please see this article: Adobe Exchange

There have been many posts on this topic so far. Please check previous threads for more information.

• 3. Re: Can't install plural eyes connector for PP CC 2015
              tplyler Level 1

Same problem here. What is the solution?

• 4. Re: Can't install plural eyes connector for PP CC 2015
                georg.ekg Level 1

This is reply from RedGiant I got about this problem:

"Aurora N (Red Giant Support)

Hi,

Premiere Pro CC 2015 has the Extension Manager software built in. There will not be a separate Extension Manager app for this host version.

The latest Shooter Suite 12.7.1 installer will automatically install the appropriate Connector file information to Premiere Pro CC 2015.

Please ensure you are running the latest Shooter Suite installer and installing with Premiere Pro completely closed.

If, after performing these steps, you are still encountering issues with the Connector in Premiere Pro, please let me know and we can go from there.

Thank you for your patience,

Aurora N
                Customer Advocate | www.RedGiant.com"

• 6. Re: Can't install plural eyes connector for PP CC 2015
                  mohseng76478170 Level 1

A tip if you have CC 2015 and want to use Pluraleyse 3.5 is to first set up your project in premire, when you want to sync, export as AAF, press ok. Then go into pluraleyes, file, new project from AAF file, find your project and open. Then it will work the same as with content manager built in, but you have to do it manually, but it works and only takes about 30 seconds. I'm not sure how to get it back in premire, havent come that far yet but i think it is the same consept, export timeline or something. So try that!

• 7. Re: Can't install plural eyes connector for PP CC 2015
                    Snemanje poroke Level 1

I use PlurayEyes 2, because it suits me better than version 3, and I saw no advantage to buy 3.5. So connector work until version CC, as Extension manager. I used Premiere CC to synchronize projects, than edit in CC2015. But few days ago I updated Premiere which deleted me all previous versions and I ended up with CC 2015.3. I re-install CC and CC2015 version. But Extension manager freezes at lounch so I found this solution:

I renamed ZXP files in to ZIP extension, and extracted contzenmt of it to folder named "PluralEyes" (it does not matter in fact what you name it). Than I put folder in directories below.

For CC (2013)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4\extensions

For CC 2015

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe <PRODUCT NAME> CC 2015\Resources\CEP\extensions

I ended up having Connector under extensions in both versions (CC and CC2015). It works like a charm

One problem though, not related to connector / extension: FCP export creates different structured XML regarding Premiere CC or Premiere CC2015. And Pluraleyes 2 does not read XML created from version CC2015, so even connector works ok, files can not be synced using it. While PluralEyes3 have no issues with both. I still have no intention to use any 3.x version because it sucks. I also always hated that I must overcome several FCP/XML import limitations/issues with that workflow, so VERSION 4 solved all of them with INSIDE Premiere panel. Finally!

Version 4 is still slower than Version 2, but saves tons of time and issues because it does not "double" the clips, have not separate L/R audio, have not XML import bug (when timeline is screwed until U add audio track and than delete it, etc). I finaly dont need to repolace all clips with original onbes before I Start edit. But in pure synctemp creation and syncing PE2 is the fastest one.

Hope it helps. Upgrade from previous version is much reduced than full price.

• 8. Re: Can't install plural eyes connector for PP CC 2015
                      Cam8 Level 1

Hey! Great work-around!

Can you explain in-regards to: "I renamed ZXP files in to ZIP extension, and extracted contzenmt of it to folder named "PluralEyes" (it does not matter in fact what you name it). Than I put folder in directories below."

I don't understand what are "ZXP files" and where to find it?

Thanks!

• 9. Re: Can't install plural eyes connector for PP CC 2015
                        Loveppro11 Level 1

To be honest,

I have always had a very unclear difficult time getting a upgrade of pluraleyes to work by either trying to find

the connector link to download or just to get it to show up in my session of PPRO2015.3.

Seriously RedGiant, ya now its done automatically  but, I had to read it hear to find that out after spending hours

trying to find the link for the CONNECTOR.

SUCH a waste of my time if it wasnt for a dyer need for the software.

Plenty of tutorial movies but, how about:

1. Close PPRO.

2. Download SHOOTER (Why not just "Pluraleyes" because that would be a too obvious.

3. Reopen PPRO and Check Extensions PPRO menu item.

I know this is to simple but, its now 4 hours later after downloading Shooter and still dont see it showing up yet.

YES Im frustrated because this happens with each new upgrade of Pluraleyes.

• 10. Re: Can't install plural eyes connector for PP CC 2015
                          Snemanje poroke Level 1

It is file "PluralEyes 2 Connector for Premiere Pro.zxp", to which you change extension to
                          "PluralEyes 2 Connector for Premiere Pro.zip"