1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2015 12:48 AM by Atul_Saini

Can Create Cloud app run for specific users, not all users. at login?

greeners Level 1

I use Creative Cloud (photography plan) at home on two computers.  The other family members do not use or want Photoshop, or Lightroom so when the CreativeCloud app opens at login - it is not wanted.  As a developer of many years I know it is *possible* to change the registry so only a specific user runs CreativeCloud (on Windows using - HKCU/... rather than HKLM/... registry keys).

I have searched the Adobe communities, and Googled the net for other people asking the same question - How to tie CreativeCloud to a specific user (or users) instead of all users...  Nothing.  I even started to decide where I should move HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\  "Adobe Creative Cloud"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\Adobe Creative Cloud\\ACC\\Creative Cloud.exe\" --showwindow=false --onOSstartup=true"

The snag is I will have to re-hack this every time the CreativeCloud app is updated (and could end up with two copies running, its slow enough already, thanks) when the updater/installer rewrites the original key.

Can Adobe take specific user needs into account?  A computer can be used by more than one person and not all want the same applications.  Designing the application to irritate all but one user is not good.

Thanks,