3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2015 10:32 AM by A.T. Romano

Issue with narration volume

Kris_Kasprzak Level 1

In Adobe Premiere Elements v13, i just recorded a narration--all worked fine. however my narration track is super quiet. If i move the narration to an audio track the volume is correct--why is the narration track so quiet?

I've tried every option...but the volume of the narration track is low. I can't see just raising the volume on the narration track being the answer, why would it be so quiet in the first place???

• 1. Re: Issue with narration volume
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Kris_Kasprzak

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

If not, please do that.

What microphone are you using for recording the narration with the project's Narration Tool? In the Narration dialog, where is the Mic Sensitivity set?

Not overlooking your Narration track versus Audio 1 playback for the same narration clip....please open the Window Menu/Audio Meters, playback the narration on both tracks and please tell us the difference in volume (dB) in the comparison as viewed by the Audio Meter display.

If you start a new project, same result?

ATR

• 2. Re: Issue with narration volume
            Kris_Kasprzak Level 1

OS in win7 16 GB ram i7 Processor

All applications are up to date as reported by APE13

mic is Samson C01U, studio condenser

Audio levels are fine.

Now if i create a new project (and start over) Narration volume levels are as expected.

No idea why my current project's narration volume is bad--I see no way to fix it either.

My fix is to simply drag the narration to an unused audio track.

• 3. Re: Issue with narration volume
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Kris_Kasprzak

Thanks for the reply with additional details.

Did updating 13 to 13.1 have any effect on the situation?

But, more considerations, since your issue seems specific to this one project and not new projects. If you can salvage the current project by moving the narration to a numbered Audio Track, then that would be the best way to expedite finishing this progress. But, it leaves that unanswered why.

If you are in the Expert work space of the problem project, what happens to the narration volume on the narration track in the Quick workspace? Same?

You could try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (preference/settings file), but I wonder about this since your issue at this point seem project specific. If you want to try...

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Make sure you do not have any hidden files and folders.

Have you looked at all the possible places where the project's narration volume could have gotten lowered

a. When the narration is selected in the Narration Track, is the Volume Panel expanded's reading 0.0 dB (original sound at recording). See Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/Volume Panel expanded.

b. When you look at the narration clip in the Narration Track, what is the position of the orange line that runs horizontally across the middle of the narration clip?

To be continued...

ATR