11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2015 1:39 PM by andrewfreeman

photos are green?

ashleym59310602

I have noticed recently that my photos look great and when I get them printed out they have a green hue to them? Have printed multiple different places to insure it wasn't the place I was printing from and they all look like they have a light green filter over them? I edit in lightroom, any suggestions or ideas of what is going on?

• 1. Re: photos are green?
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Could be your monitors color profile. Have you calibrated your monitor? They may have a green tint to them that without a calibrated monitor might look fine.

• 2. Re: photos are green?
            ashleym59310602 Level 1

No they look great on my screen. Then for example I upload them into a online photo ordering site and once they are uploaded to the sites (have tried multiple with same issue) I see them looking green tinted on the screen once they are uploaded at the stores site. I figured maybe it just had poor upload quality and prints would look good still but nope they look green as well? I'm just hoping it is something I can fix so I don't have to re-edit an entire wedding, etc.

• 3. Re: photos are green?
              ashleym59310602 Level 1

Also, I just uploaded photos that have not been edited in adobe and are straight from my camera and the pictures did not load green I will pick up prints soon and check so it seems as though the issue is with lightroom some how?

• 4. Re: photos are green?
                Jim Wilde Level 5

How do you calibrate your monitor?

• 5. Re: photos are green?
                  ashleym59310602 Level 1

I've yet to!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

EDITED by moderator to remove superfluous text...

• 6. Re: photos are green?
                    andrewfreeman Level 3

You need to calibrate, preferably with a device that can measure monitor luminosity too, otherwise the changes you make to an image will not be the changes that you think you are making.

On a separate note, what colour space setting are you using when exporting the images out of LR to print?

• 7. Re: photos are green?
                      ashleym59310602 Level 1

Prophoto rgb

Is that what I should be using 

Date:Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Subject:[Photoshop Lightroom] photos are green?

photos are green?

created by andrewfreeman in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

What colour space setting are you using when exporting?

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7698912#7698912 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7698912#7698912

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"      

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 8. Re: photos are green?
                        Jim Wilde Level 5

ashleym59310602 wrote:

Prophoto rgb

Is that what I should be using

No.....you should be exporting into whatever colour space that your printer requires, which will typically be sRGB or AdobeRGB.

• 9. Re: photos are green?
                          ashleym59310602 Level 1

I wonder if I accidently changed this setting at some point? Hopefully this helps it'd be amazing if it did! 

Date:Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Subject:[Photoshop Lightroom] photos are green?

photos are green?

created by Jim Wilde in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

• 10. Re: photos are green?
                            andrewfreeman Level 3

ashleym59310602 wrote:

I wonder if I accidently changed this setting at some point? Hopefully this helps it'd be amazing if it did!

There is likely to be your problem, which was my hunch and why I asked. Most online print shops only support sRGB. Those that don't will specify that you use a specific profile that they provide you with. ProPhotoRGB will make things look a little weird because they are likely to try and render then as sRGB, and explains why they uploaded green too.