3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2015 10:45 AM by A.T. Romano

Default Text With Fade IN/Fade Out

HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

Another "How-To" question...

I have added a "Default Text" clip to the Video2 timeline with some text inside.

I selected the clip, Right-Mouse-Button  & selected both Fade In & Fade out.

Apart from fact I was expecting that a tick mark would appear in the menu to show that I had selected both fade In & Fade Out it worked as eexpected.

Q1) How can I cancel the Fade IN / Fade Out if I decide it wasn't such a good idea after all?

Q2) Can one change the fade speed (i.e. slow it down)?

Q3) I then extended this clip & whilst the Fade In works Ok the Fade out is now well before the end of the clip - probably where it was originally.

i.e. the FadeOut action did not move with the extension.  How can I fix this?

HEM

• 1. Re: Default Text With Fade IN/Fade Out
          A.T. Romano Level 7

HEM

When you apply Video Fade In and Video Fade Out for your Default Text clip on the Timeline, you do not get any tich mark in the pop up menu where the options are supplied. Instead look to the Timeline and look for white dots representing Opacity keyframes that were automatically set when you clicked on Fade In and Fade Out.

Fades.JPG

For the Fade In, you get one Opacity keyframe at the start (0%) and another Opacity keyframe (100%) at 1 second from the keyframe at the beginning.

You can adjust these keyframes by moving them around with the mouse cursor.

For the Fade Out, you get one Opacity keyframe (100%) at 1 second from the end of the clip and the second Opacity keyframe (0%) at the end of the clip.

You can adjust these keyframes by moving them around with the mouse cursor.

Make sure that you see Opacity:Opacity in the Timeline clip's title bar so that you know that you are looking at white dots (keyframes) that represent Opacity.

1. You can right click each of the dots (keyframes) and select Delete.

or

You can select the clip, go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Opacity --- with the Timeline Indicator at start of clip, move the Opacity slider from 0 to 100%. Then move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the clip and move the Opacity slider from 0 to 100%.

or

If you just did the Fade, do Ctrl+Z or hit Undo.

2 and 3. Please work on adjusting the Timeline Opacity keyframes and then we can discuss that further. Explore right clicking one of the keyframes and the choices that come with that.

Please let me know if any of the above has targeted your questions.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Default Text With Fade IN/Fade Out
            HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

Initally I just saw this:

Clipboard01.jpg

But then I discovered that if I clicked on the "Collapse-Expand Track" triangle for Video2 & several tiumes on "Video Track Display Style" I get:

Clipboard02.jpg

and there we see the cause of the problem in the second Default Text clip & can resolve this in the way you described (i.e. deleting & moving).

Hence I'm back in business .

Many Thanks

HEM

• 3. Re: Default Text With Fade IN/Fade Out
              A.T. Romano Level 7

HEM

Great news. Great job in sorting through the details.

Back in business, sounding very good.

Best wishes

ATR