5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2015 9:36 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 11 on Mac laggy

conner_franke

I have recently switched from using Premiere Elements 11 on my Windows machine flawlessly to using the software on my 15" retina Macbook Pro. It has not worked well. The timeline zooms in for some reason every time I try to drag a clip and when I press the play button, it plays one frame then stops. The 2012 8GB macbook should be able to handle the software perfectly so I'm not quite sure why it is not.

All and any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 on Mac laggy
          A.T. Romano Level 7

conner_franke

Please see if the following helps with the Premiere Elements 11 Mac Timeline zooms.

Expert view timeline zooms in when dragging clips | MacBook Pro, retina display

Then please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11 on Mac laggy
            conner_franke Level 1

When it says "Replace the HandlerTimeline.Framework file with the contents of the ZIP file you extracted earlier" does that mean to delete the HandlerTimeline.Framework file from the Package Contents of the Support Files and copy the three files that were extracted from the ZIP in its place?

Thank you for the fast reply by the way.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 on Mac laggy
              A.T. Romano Level 7

conner_franke

I have not done this procedure since I do not have a mac computer.

But, the way that I read the Adobe document

The important thing is to backup the original HandlerTimelineFramework file and move the backup copy to another place on the computer "just in case".

The original HandlerTimelineFramework file needs to be deleted from its location if you made the backup copy. Then where the HandlerTimelineFramework file was you are going to put the 3 files that were copied from the extract of the Zip.

Are you finding the HandlerTimelineFramework file? Do you have 3 files from the unzipped?

Please consider. I think that is the interpretation of what needs to be done. Remember backup.

Looking forward to your results when you have the time.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11 on Mac laggy
                conner_franke Level 1

I have replaced the file with the three extracted files and when I try to open the program it says this:Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 10.08.45 AM.png

When I copied the backup file back to it's original location, it opened the program but it still had the same issues as before.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11 on Mac laggy
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

conner_franke

Sorry that the Adobe fix for the Premiere Elements 11 Mac Retina display issue did not work. That fix seems to be the best that Adobe can come up with, except going to a later version like Premiere Elements 13/13.1. Please see the remarks of PRE_help who believed that this Adobe fix would (should) work.

Timeline magnifies in premiere elements 11

Is there any question that your Mac computer is not updated and optimized?

But, based on history, it would seem that this issue goes to other issues that are not addressed by Adobe until a later version.

We will watch for further developments. Thank you for exploring at the comments and suggestion.

Thanks.

ATR