This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
your firefox browser is using an older (before v. 7) flash player version?
No, it has the newest version
copy and paste the code that fails.
it's a lot of code.... I have this Moviecliploader object, and a function loads the clip... like that...
//things that I should recognize it this is called
//the progress report
So many buttons call the "addSection()", like...
Now, the code I pasted is not the used on the flash, but it works like that... on the Flash it doesn't
presents any syntax error, so, it's not like that the posible error, but a logical planning, I guess... or
simply the plugin for firefox doesn't works properly, or I'm missing something... dont know.
did you clear your firefox cache and test? is the target swf loading but the listener methods are not executing?
Yeah, I have cleared the cache, and tried on many computers running the site with firefox, and the problem persist.
The listeners aren't even called because the loading doesn't even start, so the swf is not loaded anywhere, like the request to load the swf has never really been done.
if you can, try watching the incomplete site on IE, and then compare to what "happens" on firefox, perhaps it's a problem of the ISP.
the upper buttons call the function "addSection" explained above
btw , thanks for the efforts
ok, i see the problem and confirm that your upper buttons work well with ie and fail with firefox.
however, i made a test file (www.gladstien.com/new/test.html) which uses an mcl to load the image of my jag. it works with both firefox and ie.
so, there's something more than just your use of an mcl that's causing the problem.
you can start removing parts of your fla to see when the loadClip starts working in firefox and narrow the cause of the problem.
I can guess whats your problem.
I think you are using the absolute path for the image.
Please look into the image path. If you are using the "\" then i wont support with
Firebox, and support with IE. So, you have to change that "\" into "/" [front slash]..
Kglad: I checked all the code, looking for posible errors, made some fixes, but the problem was still there...
Arunbe: I'm using relative paths, although, I retyped the urls like "./example.swf", and the problem was still there... but...
later Finally found the solution...
For some reason, the "hotlink" of the server was causing the problem... so, what I can think of as the problem, is that firefox's plugin actually does the request as the localhost (user's host), and the hotlink denied the download, while IE, Opera, and others, recognize the request as made by the server... perhaps I'm wrong, I don't know, but by now, the problem was the "HotLink" service
well, i'm glad you figured that out.