• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eBook makes Adobe Digital Editions crashing

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've switched recently  from a Sony TRS-3 to a Tolino Vision 2 because the Sony device was broken.

Sony doesn't sell eBook Readers any longer and their Support for them has endet. Their Sony Reader Software supports only Sony Devices, so I had to change the Software on my Mac as well.

Now I'm trying to move my books from the Sony Reader Software to Adobe Digital Editions. This went pretty well, but one eBook can't be imported.

Everytime I try to import a certain  eBook("The road to McCarthy" by Pete McCarthy), ADE crashes.

After restart the book is imported into my library, but every try to open it results in ADE crashing.

The Kobo Store sent me a new copy of that eBook in case the file was damaged, but the problem stays the same.

I don't have such problems with my other eBooks, regardless wich store I've bought them, so I think it's some kind of bug in ADE (the very helpful guys from Kobo support think the same, after they tried a lot of things to help me.)

I can import and open the eBook to Sony Reader Software, but this doesn't support my Tolino Reader. I really think it has something to do with ADE

I'm using an iMac mid 2011, OS X 10.10.03 Yosemite and Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.3.11033.

All the Software and the OS is the latest version and up to date.

Does anyone have an idea what might work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems, Version 4.0.3.117585 fixed the Problem

A little Feedback from Adobe's Support team would have been nice anyway.

Instead I've got a lot of helpful eMails from KOBO Customer Service (That's where I did buy the eBook which caused the trouble)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines