3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2015 1:42 AM by Beverley Gray

Can't cancel my Creative Cloud

AlexanderA49625160

I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to cancel my plan, and I cannot cancel it. I rarely use photo shop now, so I don't think it would be wise for me to use it now. I've been through the Customer support to cancel my plan. It tells me to go to my account, then manage account, cancel plan, then it tells me to go Customer Support again. The same process. Why is it so complicated to cancel? help?

• 1. Re: Can't cancel my Creative Cloud
          Jeff_Know1 Level 3

It's been like this since the start of CC, There is no online cancelation method that you can do yourself somewhere in the settings.  There has also never been an option for yearly subscribers to stop the auto-renewal process themselves.

The methods mentioned in the FAQ are lies. They do not work, you just keep going in circles clicking on links.

You can ask for a cancelation here on this forum, through email, a phone call, and with the chat function. But one way or the other, you are going to have to deal with an Adobe employee.

It's all by design. On the outside you have lies about the wonderful nature of the Creative Cloud but this is the real nature of a rental-model:

Roopkumar:

I understand that you would like to cancel your membership, and I can take care of that for you. However, would you be willing to continue your membership with an next annual commitment if I can offer you the next month of your membership for free?

[...]

Roopkumar:

We are sorry to see you go. But before I go ahead and cancel your membership, may I ask if you would be willing to continue your next annual membership if I can get you two free months of your annual Creative Cloud membership?

This is why you MUST deal with an Adobe employee if you want to quit and can't just do it yourself.

Get users hooked on your product at all cost, like drug-dealers. Come on, try it out for another year will ya? We'll throw in a freebie if you stay for another year.

I've said it before and I'll continue saying it.

• 2. Re: Can't cancel my Creative Cloud
            AlexanderA49625160 Level 1

I still don't think I would be using the products anytime soon, So I would like my cancel my plan regardless.

• 3. Re: Can't cancel my Creative Cloud
              Beverley Gray Adobe Employee

Hi there

Please follow the instructions under 'Cancel an annual membership' - Cancel your Creative Cloud membership

Our support team will assist with the cancellation.

Kind regards

Bev