4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2015 1:39 PM by Kennybond

Lightroom CC 2015 = i pay for it and can't use it

Kennybond

Lightroom CC 2015 doesn't work, i have added logs and descriptions of my problems and no help whatsoever.  Adobe's help is useless.  I have to find alternatives to Adobe CC.

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC 2015 = i pay for it and can't use it
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a user-to-user forum. We are all just users like yourself. What you mean when you say it "doesn't work"? Have you installed the program? What happens when you try to run it? What operating system are you using? If you provide a few details then perhaps we can help you.

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC 2015 = i pay for it and can't use it
            Kennybond Level 1

I was very frustrated this morning. I posted incredible detail previously and no one responded (89 view in one week). I get no help from adobe.So i deleted all the details just because i was being an angry little kid (I'm not a kid just play one from time to time). Basically i should have stayed off the computer this morning.

Problem: Lightroom (latest version) splash screen appears then the screen goes back to the desktop. Lightroom is still open but not visible. When i select a window that was up before i started Lightroom i cannot select because Lightroom is up but not visible. I close out Lightroom and i get an error message.

See Below ( left most of it out because of the length of the message).

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:      KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000020

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x20:

-->

__TEXT                000000010f4b1000-000000010f4c0000 [  60K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Volumes/VOLUME/*/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Lightroom

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0  com.adobe.ag.vulcan          0x00000001266ba8b0 AgVulcanMessengeHandler::ReleaseVulcan() + 24

1  com.adobe.ag.vulcan          0x00000001266ba34b private_load_AgVulcanWorker + 78

2  com.adobe.ag.kernel          0x000000010f4d767f 0x10f4cd000 + 42623

3  com.adobe.ag.kernel          0x000000010f4e5c73 0x10f4cd0

The interesting part is that i can click on a Lightroom Catalog.lrcat (or any catalog file) Lightroom opens and is fully functional ( a new discovery today).

When i close Lightroom i get the error message again.

So far:Signed out , signed back in.

Signed out, uninstalled, signed in, installed.

Renamed the SLStore and SLCache folders.

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC 2015 = i pay for it and can't use it
              Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

that is not normal at all which is why you probably got no response before as few of us have seen this behavior. What version of Mac OS X? Any extensions installed in the OS? Antivirus? Is your hard disk in good spiritS (have you ran a disk repair on it recently)?

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC 2015 = i pay for it and can't use it
                Kennybond Level 1

The catalog file seems to be the solution. I just found others with the same issue. And now i have to apologize again, during my jerky rank this morning i failed to mention i was on El Captain beta 2. My problem seems to be common.

Thank you for your help. Next time i will wait until i can post responsibly.