4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2015 1:24 PM by johnrellis

custom color tool

bwanaa

I want to have an eyedropper that shows RGB values graphically, not just numbers in the eyedropper tool. The gui i would like are three vertical lines sticking up from a horizontal axis.in a small window that i can park somewhere while i adjust skintones.or three vertical lines that dance around in the histogram panel as i move my cursor over the image. Is this possible?

• 1. Re: custom color tool
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

The LR SDK lets you have a floating window.  And you could use three horizontal slider controls to indicate the current RGB values graphically.  Or, more speculatively, you could use 100 or 256 pictures stacked on top of each other and made selectively visible to show a vertical colored line of the desired length.

But I don't know of any way for a plugin to return the pixels under the current location of the cursor.  Perhaps someone else has a creative idea?

• 2. Re: custom color tool
            bwanaa Level 1

so it would be possible to drop a 'color monitor' on someone's cheek and measure the rgb at that pixel continuously while i adjust color temp, tint, etc? It would be nice to be able to drop several color monitors on different faces then i could optimize skin tones. This is useful esp in indoor settings where color temps can vary greatly due to artificial lighting.

• 3. Re: custom color tool
              bwanaa Level 1

in photoshop, You can also use up to four Color Samplers to display color information for one or more locations in the image. These samplers are saved in the image, so you can refer to them repeatedly as you work, even if you close and reopen the image.Something like this for lightroom.

• 4. Re: custom color tool
                johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
                so it would be possible to drop a 'color monitor' on someone's cheek

No, that's the part for which the SDK doesn't provide any facilities.  (Unless someone else has an idea.)