• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Open Library Book in ADE after re-installed ADE

Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 / laptop:

Installed ADE in Sandboxie yesterday and authorized without an ID as I only wanted to get a book from Open Library for the laptop I'm on. Got the book and all was fine. Could open/read book.

Ten minutes later decided to install ADE outside the sandbox, so closed the sandbox which deleted ADE, then installed ADE on to C drive. The encrypted pdf remained in the /Documents/Digital Editions Library folder (or whatever it's called).

Now opened the new ADE but it won't read the library book. It says:

This computer is not authorized to open [library book] b/c this item is authorized to a Vendor ID. 

To authorize your computer to open this item, enter your login ID and password associated with this item ...

Problem is, I never created an ADE ID when I authorized the first time... I authorized without an ID. I tried creating an ADE ID since it insisted I needed one, but still got the above error .... so tried entering my Open Library creds, but got same error.

Unauthorized ADE and re-authorized without an ID, just like I did the first time... but still got the same error.

Tried RETURNING the book to the library so I could just check it out again with the newly installed ADE, but would not let me return it either.

Help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't anyone have an answer to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines