I'm trying to encode my Flash animations into videos. When I start rendering a composition or export to Media Encoder or import the compositions to Premiere and export to Media Encoder from there, the memory usage by After Effects climbs from 25 to 95 percent of my total memory as the process goes on. The rendering starts quite fast and slows down as it proceeds. If the video is longer than about 1 minute the encoding eventually fails, giving unknown error in Media Encoder. And I get this error if I use AE's renderer:
I have installed all the recent updates of all the Adobe programs that I'm using. I have assigned 6,5 GB memory to Adobe apps. I replaced my single 4 GB with 2x4GBs thinking I was short on memory. I used to encode these swfs with Premiere cs4 quite quickly with a much weaker pc at work.
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Amd FX 8350 (8 core)
2x4 GB ddr3
Amd hd 7970 gpu
Probably some bug/ memory leak. Render an image sequence or Quicktime file from AE and encode it in AME.