4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2015 9:48 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I control which of my Facebook ids Premiere Elements 13 will use when uploading video to Facebook?

DennyP_AZ Level 1

I have multiple logins to Facebook. When Premiere Elements 13 uploads videos to Facebook how does it determine to which id it uploads it too? There is no prompt for a login to Facebook.

• 1. Re: How do I control which of my Facebook ids Premiere Elements 13 will use when uploading video to Facebook?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

DennyP_AZ

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements running on?

I do not use Facebook, but here is my take on this.

When you click on Facebook in the feature built into Premiere Elements 13/13.1, typically you are greeted by an authentication dialog where you need to Log In or Sign Up.  the Log In asks

Email or Phone

and

Password

I would assume that the email or Phone and Password have to match the account that you established with Facebook not Premiere Elements.

Can you use any of your private Facebook email or phone and password information to get into the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 built in Facebook feature?

There should be a Log In or Sign Up when you enter Premiere Elements Facebook at least for the first time. Are you trying to access Facebook on your own computer or a friend's.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I control which of my Facebook ids Premiere Elements 13 will use when uploading video to Facebook?
            PRE_help Adobe Employee

DennyP_AZ,

You can check your default browser for the current ID with which you are logged into facebook. If that is not the desired one, you can log out and then log into the ID into which you want the uploads. Now if you initiate the online upload from within Premiere Elements, the ID that is logged in will be chosen.

Regards,
            Premiere Elements Engineering Team

• 3. Re: How do I control which of my Facebook ids Premiere Elements 13 will use when uploading video to Facebook?
              DennyP_AZ Level 1

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements running on?  Windows 7

Are you trying to access Facebook on your own computer or a friend's. My own

You can check your default browser for the current ID with which you are logged into facebook. If that is not the desired one, you can log out and then log into the ID into which you want the uploads. Now if you initiate the online upload from within Premiere Elements, the ID that is logged in will be chosen. I discovered that not only does the default browser need to be logged in using the desired Facebook id, if you already connected to Facebook from Premiere Elements you have to click on the logout link in the Premiere Elements Facebook upload page so a new login will be done to the correct Facebook id. The first name of the connected id is displayed at the top of the Facebook upload page, but in my case the first name is the same for both my logins.

Thanks for the information.

• 4. Re: How do I control which of my Facebook ids Premiere Elements 13 will use when uploading video to Facebook?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

DennyP_AZ

Thanks for the follow up and the great work that you and PRE_help did in defining the path to Facebook SignIn/LogIn success. Well done and great contribution for those who find themselves in the same situation that you faced.

Best wishes

ATR