1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2015 10:24 PM by deepakg1988

Different Catalog with Lightroom Mobile?

DarrylB Level 1

I upgraded from LR 5.7 to Lightroom CC one week ago. My catalog is called Lightroom Catalog.lrcat and I can see this is the catalog in use in preferences. There remains a catalog named Lightroom 5 catalog.lrcat from the previous version.

I have two preview folders as well named Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata and Lightroom 5 Catalog Previews.lrdata

When I started the sync to Lightroom mobile it referenced with the Lightroom 5 catalog or Lightroom 5 previews (I can't remember which one).

So it seems like Lightroom is using both catalogs and/or both preview folders and this doesn't seem right to me. I would have expected and upgrade to the new version and then the old one isn't used anymore.

Can anyone comment if this is okay or not. And if not, how do I fix this.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Different Catalog with Lightroom Mobile?
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

when the Lightroom CC is launched after installation in upgrade the catalog which is used by Lightroom 5 and save if as a copy. The preview Folder which you are seeing Lightroom 5 Catalog Previews.lrdata that contains the preview for the Catalog of Lightroom 5 and it has nothing to do with Lightroom CC.

If you are are opening Lightroom 5 on your computer only then the Lightroom 5 catalog previews.lrdata will be used. Do you still have both the version of the Lightroom Installed on your computer.make sure that you are opening Lightroom CC .