1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2015 5:52 AM by Steve Grisetti

How do I get rid of noise in my video?

naildrivingman

I have a relatively expensive drone that records in 4k.  I have experimented with all different levels of recording and cannot seem to get the desired result without noise.  Here are the options that the camera supports:

4096x2160 @ 24 fps

3840x2160 @ 30 fps

3840x2160 @ 24 fps

1080p

1920x1080 @ 60 fps

1920x1080 @ 48 fps

1920x1080 @ 30 fps

1920x1080 @ 24 fps

Additionally I can select either 50 or 60 Hz cycles for the video (I assume this is shutter speed @ 50 or 60 fps)

When I import, I have to render all the 4k video or it will be choppy.  I have no choice in that regard.  All the 1080 will play, but both output (MP4 format) have far too much video noise for my tastes.

I guess, I need guidance on what to do when I get to publish and share.  I think this is where I am not understanding the software.  I want to be able to play my videos on a standard HD 1080p device as more people have this type of display than 4k.  Eventually I will have to invest in 4k myself so that I can keep up with the mainstream, but for now I will be happy simply to achieve a high quality 1080p picture.

So, I think the information I need is:

In what format should the original file be created 4k or 1080p and how many fps?  What about the 50 or 60 Hz option?

In shat format should I convert the file to for proper post production viewing?

Let's start here and I will let you know if I achieve my end goals.

Thanks,

Chris

• 1. Re: How do I get rid of noise in my video?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It depends on the codecs the drone is using to save your video.

Open a sample of your video in a program like G spot or Media Info and post to this forum the resolution, frame rate and, above all, the video and audio codecs it reports.

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

Also please indicate which version of the program you're  using, what operating system you're working on and what processor your computer is running.

There are many variables to consider, and you'll need to give us more specifics in order for us to give you adivce.