5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 9:27 AM by A.T. Romano

Can anybody help me change the date order preferences in Organizer to yyyy/mm/dd as all my photos are organised by this method?

Pete@pkfoto

I am just trying to get organizer to organise all my photos - but I cannot find anywhere I can change the preference to read the photos date I have used (for many years) to organise my photos - namely yyyy/mm/dd. I have found this very accurate and can in cases where I have used multi-frame shooting enabled me to organise down to the tenth of a second which is impossible by any other method that I have ever found. Can anybody assist me where I can select this date emthos for organising my collection? Peter U.

• 1. Re: Can anybody help me change the date order preferences in Organizer to yyyy/mm/dd as all my photos are organised by this method?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It depends on which version of the program you've got, Peter.

All versions of the Organizer can be set to display photos in the Media Browser by date. But newer versions of the program include an Events area in which photos can be grabbed, arranged and grouped according to a date range.

Also, check under the View menu. There you'll find the option to display only photos from a given range.

• 2. Re: Can anybody help me change the date order preferences in Organizer to yyyy/mm/dd as all my photos are organised by this method?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Pete

What version of Premiere Elements Elements Organizer and on what computer operating system is it running?

Your question does not appear to be how to get a date to go under an Elements Organizer thumbnail or find it, but rather to get a specific date display format under the Elements Organizer thumbnail. With that understanding, I would ask you to review the following.

Whether it be Elements Organizer 13/13.1, 12/12.1, 11, 10, or 9.0/9.0.1, the Elements Organizer Edit Menu/Preferences/General offers me only

MM/DD/YYYY

or

DD/MM/YYYY

for date format displaying under thumbnails in the Elements Organizer workspace.

If I import my files using the Elements Organizer workspace's Files Menu/Get Photos and Videos/From Camera or Card Reader, I have the opportunity to select the choice of YYYY/mm/dd for the imported files. But, apparently that is applying only to the copies of the files being saved to the computer hard drive. What is appearing for these YYYY/mm/dd imported files in the Elements Organizer workspace thumbnails are the MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY names under the thumbnails, not YYYY/mm/dd. 

Out of curiosity I would ask, what version of Premiere Elements/Elements Organizer were you using when you were able to do what you are seeking?

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Can anybody help me change the date order preferences in Organizer to yyyy/mm/dd as all my photos are organised by this method?
              Pete@pkfoto Level 1

Hi Steve and A.T.

I am running Premiere Elements 10 on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 PC. I have yet to find anywhere that I can organise the photos in Organizer according to their file name I have assigned (eg 2015 06 30 <name>.jpg). Instead it will organise the photos according to the metadata from when the photo was taken (eg 15/06/2014). Can the builders of this program create a patch that would enable me to 'organise ' my photos chronologically??? Peter

• 4. Re: Can anybody help me change the date order preferences in Organizer to yyyy/mm/dd as all my photos are organised by this method?
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The entire point of the Organizer is to allow you a number of ways to search, arrange and manage your media files.

Which way do you want to display your media? There's probably a way to do it.

In your initial post, you seemed to be wanting to arrange you files by date. But in your last, it sounds like you want to display them by name.

If that's the case, you can display your files by name by selecting Name from the Sort By menu at the top left of the Media Browser.

You can also set the Media Browser to display only certain files sharing all or part of a name by typing that name in the Search Box in the upper right of the program.

If you're not able to see your media files' names, ensure that Details and File Names are checked under the View menu and that you've zoomed back your view enough to allow room for the details to be listed under each media clip.

What is it that you're doing now and what are you not seeing when you do it?

• 5. Re: Can anybody help me change the date order preferences in Organizer to yyyy/mm/dd as all my photos are organised by this method?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Pete

Thanks for the reply. I did not see the following in post 4 until after I had posted, so what I have written below may be after the fact. I will post it any way for detail purposes. Post 4 included....

If you're not able to see your media files' names, ensure that Details and File Names are checked under the View menu and that you've zoomed back your view enough to allow room for the details to be listed under each media clip.

Thanks for the reply. I may have the answer for you which is right under the Elements Organizer 10 View Menu.

It is clear to me that when you wrote "name your files", you are talking in terms of a file name in the format YYYY/MM/DD.

If you have View Menu/ with just the Details with check mark, then all that you will see under the Elements Organizer thumbnails is the date the photo was taken (from metadata). If you also have View Menu/Show Files Names with check mark, then you will see under the Elements Organizer thumbnails the file name which will be YYYY/MM/DD (in your case) which is what you want.

There are only two options that I see for "Media Browser Arrangement", that is, Date (Newest Version First) and Date (Oldest Version First). Those seem to apply to the date and not the times within a given date.

Capture.JPG

Please consider.

Thanks.

ATR