3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2007 5:03 AM by shikozel

Unable to select and move duplicate clips

spysum Level 1
      Sorry guys! sorry for keeping posting my same question!

Below is my link to my Project:
      http://www.picassocoffee.com/EG1009_lab2.swf

My problem is that i cant move my movieclip after duplicatemovieclip! (Eg. i click the resistor, it will appear on stage. If i wan more of it i click back the 2nd time i wont be able to select my 2nd movieclip ) What can i do?

Below is my code:

• 1. Unable to select and move duplicate clips
          shikozel Level 1
          hi spysurm. I really dont understand why you duplicate the movie clip 10 times everytime someone click on one of the objects (wire, resistor...). Also I dont understand why you put every new movie clip in the same depth as the previous one(50, 60...). you should use getNextHighestDepth() to define the level. this might solve your probs. if you want post your fla and I'll be happy to take a look.

your code is little confusing(unless I dont get what are you trying to achieve).
          your psudo code should go like that

1. create an empty movie clip to hold everything. lets call it "mcHolder"
          2. when someone click on object (wire..) you duplicate this movie and put it in the nextHighestDepth of "mcHolder"
          3. assign action to the duplicated movie clip (dragable, rotation, delete)
          • 2. Re: Unable to select and move duplicate clips
            spysum Level 1
            hi shikozel! thanks for the reply! but the problem i have is i using actionscript 1.0 as i have only flash MX version software. Is there any other way i can use getNextHighestDepth() ?
            • 3. Re: Unable to select and move duplicate clips
              shikozel Level 1
              you can use a counter that you increment every time you create new movie clip