3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2006 9:48 AM by razta101

Quicktime movies include?

razta101
      Hello all,
      Just a quick question, I tried out my finalised CD-ROM on my dads PC and where the Quicktime movies should have been there was a red X. Is this because he did not have quicktime installed or is it because I did not include the quicktime movies on the CD-ROM?

Thanks again,
      Raz
        • 1. Re: Quicktime movies include?
          Level 7
          On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:14:03 GMT, razta101 posted in
          macromedia.director.basics:

> Hello all,
          > Just a quick question, I tried out my finalised CD-ROM on my dads PC
          > and where the Quicktime movies should have been there was a red X. Is
          > this because he did not have quicktime installed or is it because I did
          > not include the quicktime movies on the CD-ROM?

You're in a better position to answer that question than anybody out here.

He will need to have QT installed and you do need to include the QT files
          on the CD.

You also need to include the QT Asset Xtra in accordance with the
          documentation (Help). See the Managing Xtras portion.

--
          Mark A. Boyd
          Keep-On-Learnin' :)
          • 2. Re: Quicktime movies include?
            Level 7
            That question would be easier answered by you. Did you include the
            quicktime movies on the CD? Look on the CD itself and see if the movies
            are there. If they are there, then that is probably not the problem.
            Quicktime movies, like all digital video media always needs to be
            included on the CD alongside the Director projector.

Is Quicktime installed on your father's PC? Look in the Start menu and
            see if Quicktime is there. Double click on one of the movies on your CD
            and see if it opens correctly in Quicktime (Assuming they are in fact on
            the CD).

You will get that red X if either of those situations is true.

Also, if the movies are on CD and Quicktime is on the computer, then the
            problem may be that you did not use relative pathnames to the Quicktime
            movies in Director. If you set the movie's filename to something like
            c:\documents and settings\razta\desktop\director\movie.mov, then it will
            not play when you move it to a computer that does not have the movie at
            that exact location. It is generally easier to put the movies in the
            exact same folder as the Director file, so the projector can find it easily.
            • 3. Re: Quicktime movies include?
              razta101 Level 1
              Thank you, I did not include the QT movies on the CD, that must be the culprit. Ive included the QT installer on the CD, so if the case is that the user does not have QT installed they can click a link and have it installed.

Thanks for your help