Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Causes BSOD When Playing A Video Once Then Fixes Itself

Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to this community so please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Ever since the latest Adobe Flash update, my computer will blue screen upon playing a video once, then after reboot it is gone.

This happens when playing YouTube videos, right after boot. I am not sure of what is causing this but all help is great!

I am using Chrome version: 43.0.2357.130 (Official Build) m (32-bit)

And the latest version of Adobe Flash.

Chrome is running in Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you please check the following:

1. Is this issue occurring only on chrome or on Other browsers as well.

2. If this is chrome specific issue, please verify whether Youtube is using flash player or HTML.

- Right on click on the video.

- If it is using Flash player, the menu will show the flash player version. (Please share the version)

- Else, it'll be showing HTML5

3. GPU card

Also, it'll be helpful if you could provide a screenshot. (How to post a screenshot in the forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try on other browsers tomorrow as this occurs at the morning.

When I right click on the video it shows 'About the Youtube HTML5 Player' so I assume its HTML5

And my GPU card is a NVidia GTX 960.

I can't really screenshot it since the moment a video is played it hangs, then enters Windows 8 BSOD.

I assumed it was a Adobe flash issue because right after the update my computer BSOD when I played a video but it may be something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested it in IE, no BSOD

When I tested it in Chrome, no BSOD there either, I'm guessing launching IE first fixed it?

I did watch the same video that caused the BSOD yesterday and the day before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines